What I've learned.

Sandy76
on 8/2/12 7:22 am - OK
VSG on 05/29/12
 It is unbelievable watching people in restaurants after vsg. The servings are huge it's amazing I used to eat like that just 2 months ago . It is teaching my husband thru this process of serving control. Even the servings they serve my toddler is redicilous do why would anyone in America question why we r obese. Thank u god for my sleeve it is teaching my whole family a healthy lesson.
Sandy

frisco
on 8/2/12 8:17 am

It's America !!!

Land that we Love !!!

But..... Big Food is Killing us a Slow Death with Knife and Fork......

I travel abroad....... America hands down serves portions at least twice the size of many other Countries......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

novascotiadawn
on 8/2/12 9:21 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Yes!! When traveling...I noticed that too!!!!....You're fed very well!!! (GENERALLY SPEAKING!!))

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/12 9:22 am - Lake Charles, LA
VSG on 06/05/12
I have thought the exact same thing!!! I just cant believe how much I used to eat! I look at my fiance who is still eating huge giants bowls and plates of food and it almost makes me sick....like omg did I really used to eat that much? You bet I did! And, even though I knew it was wrong to eat so much, I was ok with it. No wonder I weighed 336lbs and got diabetes at 27 years old......
loverofcats
on 8/2/12 9:50 am, edited 8/1/12 9:51 pm
On a recent vacation, I went through the same shock. I was with a group of friends and the breakfast portion sizes were obscene. For example, at one place the pancakes were as large as a big dinner plate. Really? What was more amazing, was watching my friends devour these large portions. I was thankful for my sleeve and my two eggs that I was able to eat.

gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

MuttLover
on 8/2/12 11:01 am
VSG on 11/14/12
 I am still pre-op, but every day I am trying to figure out what I would in the "this situation" after VSG.  It's not so hard for meals that I pack -- but in eating out, I am analyzing the menus of the places we go a lot to figure out if we can eat there in the future.

Same with my work cafeteria -- what can I eat if I leave home without my breakfast or lunch.  The breakfast omelet I get now lasts 2-3 days!  In the future, it could be breakfast for a month!  LOL!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 406 views