Sleeved July 10th & home

Krista249
on 7/12/12 11:41 pm
VSG on 07/10/12
Thanks everyone for your prayers and good vibes. My surgeon said it "looked like a combat zone in there" because of my prior complications (gallbladder surgery, accidentally nicked bile duct, undiagnosed bile leak, then septic, on a vent near death for 12 days, etc). He had to get through a lot of adhesions (scar tissue) but he did it. He said I might be a little more tender and sore in the abdomen because of the adhesions. But so far so good.

I came home Weds. My pain has improved every day. I managed to get in 50 oz of water yesterday, a few popsicles and half a cup of jello. Today I start liquid/pureed stage. It's 9:30am and I've gotten down a protein shake and about 8 oz of water. Still sipping my water and hoping to get the minimum in by the end of the day.

Still pretty gassy which is causing pain. And of course my abdomen is very sore. I haven't had any pain meds today but might take some later if I feel like I need them. I have a high pain tolerance and right now it's uncomfortable but not excruciating by any means.

How are the other July 10th sleevers doing? Anyone??
Hugs,
Krista

HW: 304  SW: 288 CW: 254
melz1974
on 7/13/12 12:11 am
VSG on 07/10/12
 Hey sleeve sister!  I came home yesterday. Am struggling to ge****er and stuff down. I've had 16 oz of water and about 4 oz of a protein shake. I keep sipping and walking. I haven't had pain meds for a few days. The delodad (sp?) in the pain pump made me super light headed.  Glad everything went well for you!!!

Sleeved July 10th ~ My independence day!
Highest Weight: 302, Consult Weight:298 Surgery Weight:263 

Marabell
on 7/13/12 12:12 am
VSG on 06/07/12
It sounds like you are doing very well. Keep going strong!
As far as the gas, for me, that was the worst part. Gas X, walking, warm chamomile or ginger tea and a heating pad (being careful to protect incisions) was my saving grace.

stephanieplum
on 7/13/12 12:12 am, edited 7/13/12 12:12 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 I'm not a July 10th sleever, but glad you're home and doing well:)

Prple
on 7/13/12 12:40 am - VA
VSG on 07/17/12 with
 Glad you are home and doing okay....

Im getting nervous about my celebration on tues!

Joann

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/12 2:54 am
July 10th sleever here. I came home the next day moving around and tolerating many different things jello, pudding, cream soups, water, yogurt, broth! I have had to be on my meds on schedule my largest incision spot hurts a lot. I can tolerate pain but without it I can not move. So I am a bit sore. Gas is uncomfortable but not bad. I haven't been able to fart much but I do burp well. Other than that I am happy. I lost 10 lbs on the pre op shake stage but I made it work for me. I did have salmon, tuna, and lunch meat a few times. That was a struggle my doc says surgery went very well and everything was beautiful so I did something right. My blood pressure has been great and he took me off one med for that. Sugars have been great I'm off prediabetic med too. I am also doing well with my vitamins.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views