Home and Sleeved

clubnewyou
on 7/11/12 4:56 am - TN

July 9Th has come and gone stayed at hospital for two days and now I home with questions. Can anyone tell me what to do in the midst of these chest spasms they are driving me crazy. The doctor said they come from just having surgery he has also instructed me to start walking at least a mile every day starting today.God help me....Got me some groovy pain killers and finally looking forward to loosing.

Desari63
on 7/11/12 5:12 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Well first off...welcome to the loser's bench..."EVERYONE MOVE DOWN A SPACE AND MAKE ROOM FOR THE NEWBIE"!! Your tummy is in rebellion ATM due to the fact that you had surgery and it's trying to make adjustments. Groovy pain killers help, I'm sure, but the walking is what is important. That and getting in as much liquids as possible. I find that when the tummy is spasming, a little warm broth does the trick and it calms down considerably. I'm 4 months PO and I still get a little spasm from time to time and that does the trick for me.

If you need anything or have any questions, please don't hesitate to holler at all of us here...and again congrats!

Barbara McKeown

RidgebackMom
on 7/11/12 5:26 am - Oxnard, CA
VSG on 05/14/12
 Congratulations!  Welcome to the losers bench...  Keep sipping and walking .... You're off to a great start 
Highest weight 395#. Surgery weight 325#. VSG on May 14, 2012 with Dr. Amir H. Mehran at UCLA.     Life & challenges are what we make them -- this new beginning is what I make it!

AmberK
on 7/11/12 5:26 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Welcome to the losers bench! You will feel better soon! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/12 5:53 am
😃quick healing and congratulations!
aled1223
on 7/11/12 6:25 am
 They send you home with a spirometer?  Use that frequently.   It hurt me to take a deep breath.   The more you inhale deep and exhale slow it gets better.   It was about day 5 before it didn't hurt to take a deep breath.    
Barbara J.
on 7/11/12 7:40 am - Cape Coral, FL
VSG on 07/09/12
 I am 3 days out and know how you feel. Very time I sip water or anything it really hurts. Having a hard time taking deep breathes as well. Hang in there they keeping telling us it wil pass. I am really for it to pass....lol

KSqtpie
on 7/11/12 9:28 am - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 07/09/12
Hey...we were sleeved on the same day! Congrats! Sorry you're dealing with spasms...that sounds miserable, but walking will do wonders for your recovery. I had to walk 1-3 miles a day after my spinal fusion surgery back in March. I swear I wouldn't be as healed as I am if it weren't for sticking to the walking on a daily basis. Good luck to you and keep us in the loop. You're gonna rock this new body!
Giselle C.
on 7/11/12 12:18 pm - NY
I was also sleeved the same day! I'm having the same issue. Just keeping sipping and walk as much as you can. Slowly but surely the pain is going away for me. You have to let the gases out. It makes a big difference. Congrats to you!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views