Did she really just say that?

katie M.
on 7/8/12 11:17 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Ok, so every year, we go to the same party for the 4th of July.  Every year, me and 2 of my friends get our picture taken together.  I have lost 70 lbs since said picture was taken last year.  This year, after the picture was taken and we looked at it to make sure it was good, my one friend says "Great, I guess I'm the fat friend now".  Ummm, WHAT?!  Did you really just say that?  Now don't get me wrong, I know that I was the heaviest before...but we all have weight issues so it's not like any of us were bone thin.  I just couldn't believe that she said that, and while standing 6 inches away from me!  I guess I'm more hurt than anything that someone I consider a really close friend would say that.  I guess I can't expect everyone to be happy for me. 

Last year:  Me in pink, Perp in green.

This year: 

In other news:  I HAVE A NECK!  AND WHAT!  ;)
Ticker id: TV5w
favrow812
on 7/8/12 11:24 pm - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
girl brush that comment off your shoulders and take it with pride. I know its going to be hard but that is PURE jealousy!!!! You have more control than I do.. I would've turned to her and been like "excuuuuuuuse me?!"

have a great day!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

RidgebackMom
on 7/8/12 11:28 pm - Oxnard, CA
VSG on 05/14/12
 Just keep smiling and stay true to yourself.  People's own insecurities come out when they see others conquer shared challenges.  Wouldn't it be great it they could celebrate your success?  Hang in there ....
Highest weight 395#. Surgery weight 325#. VSG on May 14, 2012 with Dr. Amir H. Mehran at UCLA.     Life & challenges are what we make them -- this new beginning is what I make it!

RNmom0926
on 7/8/12 11:32 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
One of my friends said the same thing to me not even 5 minutes out of surgery.... but it is pure jealousy!

Pkrplyr777
on 7/8/12 11:38 pm - CT
Awww. sometimes people don't think before they open their mouths.
She's your friend so bru**** off and hold it over her head someday when you need an edge, LOL.
Great job on the weight loss. You look great!
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Pobearsam7
on 7/8/12 11:49 pm
You look good girl... Don't let the comment get to you
melly37
on 7/8/12 11:53 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
You look great and have accomplished so much.  I am sure she is feeling insecure and just focused on where she is at, and probably didn't even think how insensitive her words were.  Now, if she keeps saying things similar, or tries to sabatoge, it might be a toxic relationship you will have to distance yourself from. 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Bf516
on 7/8/12 11:54 pm
Well if she labeled herself as the "fat friend" of the group, I'm sure she gave you the same "pet name".

Don't let that discourage you though....
Bru**** off & keep on rolling in your wls journey.
Remember it's not about others it's about YOU

You look FAB!!!
CandieHearts
on 7/9/12 12:00 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 05/17/12

OMG, I cant beleive that she said that either. But guess what your not the fat friend now, lol

The sad part is she can lose weight too, but she will need to learn some class as well.

jacreasy
on 7/9/12 12:02 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 She is just feeling sorry for herself instead of noticing the difference with you, brush that off I'm sure she didn't really mean it like it sounded.

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 150 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 424 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 443 views