Thanks to rhearob

Linda B.
on 7/7/12 2:37 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
The idea for carrots cooked with sf Torrani brown sugar & cinnamon was excellent. I had friends over for dinner tonight, and made this. Everybody loved it. DH has a VSG, one friend has a RNY, I'm pre-op, and the other friend is just eating like we do (his DW has RNY).  I served the carrots I bought at the farmers market with grilled chicken and a peach & goat cheese salad my friend made. What a meal. Thanks so much for the cooking tip, we have a winner.
acbbrown
on 7/7/12 2:42 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 How did you add the syrup? Just drizzle it on top? How much did you use? Did you bake the carrots? Im very curious!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Linda B.
on 7/7/12 2:51 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
He mentioned cooking them with I can't believe it's not butter and sf brown sugar cinnamon syrup until al'dente. I steamed mine in the microwave for a few minutes first, then I used real butter, just a bit and 1/4 cup syrup. I added the carrots and finished the cooking in the sauce. When the sauce was almost evaporated, I served them.  My friend who's wife had RNY said they were better than he's had with real brown sugar. The kitchen smelled great. I might try this with butternut  or acorn squash from my garden when it is ready. The sauce this makes is just wonderful. It is so good that we can share ideas about cooking here. Got to keep things from being boring.
SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 7/7/12 4:17 pm - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 Where do you find these syrups?

jaded123
on 7/7/12 11:19 pm - MD
 SusieQ,

You can get some flavors at WalMart.  Yesterday, I bought Kahlua flavor, caramel and vanilla, all sugarfree, and they're $3.00 each.  They're in the coffee aisle.

For a bigger selection, you can get them online.  Amazon sells them and so does Netrition.  There are two main brands, Torani and DaVinci.  They're wonderful.  I use them daily, in protein drinks, coffee, to jazz up greek yogurt, etc.  Salted caramel is my favorite.

Not sure how much shipping is with amazon -- I have a Prime membership so it's free.  But with netrition, shipping is $4.95, no matter how much you buy.  It's a good deal.  (I believe people have written that they get their SF syrups at World Market, but we don't have that store where I live.)

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 7/8/12 4:18 am - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 Thanks so much!! I will def look into this!!

savaughn87
on 7/7/12 11:25 pm - IL
VSG on 06/21/12
Also, if you go to Torani's website, you can type in your zipcode and it will show you where you can find them near you! 
 *Samantha*

Linda B.
on 7/8/12 11:04 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
I can get most flavors at Smart & Final, but they don't carry all flavors. I got this one at Cost Plus World Market. They are more expensive there, so I only grab cinnamon vanilla & the brown sugar cinnamon from them. If I ever get to leave southern CA, I will have to order online.
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/12 3:09 pm
 My go****hat sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing- I'm gonna try those!
Sparkie25
on 7/7/12 5:58 pm - PA
That does sound yummmy. (Thanks RheaRob).

I do like the idea of sharing recipes, but didn't find a tab that seemed appropriate. Diet and nutrition wasn't quite the right fit. lol.

Yesterday I made the Shrimp Po'Boys from Cooking Light magazine (this month's). My fam raved about them. DH loved the remoulade slaw as a standalone dish. DS#2 said it was extremely easy to make. The shrimp were to die for. Even though I am to eat only full liquids, I pureed 2 shrimp, and thoroughly enjoyed them for dinner. I just ate very slowly. The only substitution we made was to use whole wheat pitas, instead of a French baguette. Purists would probably object, but hey, added whole grains??

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views