Velocity 100% whey protien

J. Garcia
on 7/2/12 2:40 pm
 Ok so I always am at dollar tree. I'm a dollar tree kid. My mom worked there for as long as I can remember. Any away I'm a week post op an was browsing at her store and came across single one serving packs they sell of brand "velocity" 100% protien here are the nut facts. 

Total fat 2.5 g
Sat. Fat 1.5 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg
Sodium 90 mg
Potassium 240 mg
Total carbohydrate 5 g
Dietary fiber 1 g
Sugar 2 g
Protien 20 g

OK so I was just wondering is this stuff good? Should I stick to the gnc protien or should I make my mom order me a box?  Case? It's 1$ a serving and not to mention its purchasable with food stamps :-)
melz1974
on 7/2/12 2:58 pm
VSG on 07/10/12
 My suggestion is to buy one serving and make a shake out of it.  See if you like it before ordering a case.  If you do, go for it!  It would sure be a lot easier to take with you than a 2 lb jug of powder!

:)

Sleeved July 10th ~ My independence day!
Highest Weight: 302, Consult Weight:298 Surgery Weight:263 

J. Garcia
on 7/2/12 3:36 pm
 Yea I was thinkn the same thing. I did buy one just to try but was unsure if it is a good protien as in means of healthy for my sleeve. I thought I knew what to buy until I went to gnc and the guy confused the heck out of me... He asked what I needed protien go and when I said vsg he only showed me on type of protien. And it was expensive.
Calking
on 7/2/12 6:33 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
 My nutritionist gave me these guidelines.

1)  Whey protein is better than Soy protein.  Choose whey.
2)  You want about 24 grams of protein per 8-10 oz serving give or take a couple grams or oz.
3)  No more than 5 gramd of fat per serving.
4)  No more than 5 carbs per serving.

If it falls in those guidelines than you are good to go.

On a side note every nutritionist and every doctor and every one of us is different and unique.  I have been reading this website for quite some time now and have seen how everyone has a different post op diet as given by their doctor / nutritionist.  Everyone seems to have a different experience with how much pain they had and how long it lasted.  Everyone, as I mentioned, has a unique experience and a different viewpoint from their surgeon and nutritionist.  I am not saying which is correct but based on all the postings there seems to be a lot of flexability in what you do.  Personally I have great respect for my surgeon and his team of experts (some of which have also had the surgery) that I plan on following his and their advice as closely as possible.

I am still new (32 days post op) and probably will eventually stray a little as time goes by and I get more experience with this new way of life, but for now I think the above criteria for protein shakes is going to be my goal in getting and trying new things.

By the way I am using the Chocorite brand and they have a lot of flavors that are fairly good.  Here is a link to check them out if you wish ... http://www4.netrition.com/healthsmart_chocolite_protein_shak es.html 

Now I doubt they are the least expensive out there but definitely not the most expensive either. Each bag is 11 servings.  Since I only drink one serving a day it works out well for me.  Initially I bought 4 flavors:  chocolate fudge brownie, banana, strawberry, and peanut butter.  The great thing is a drink takes two scoops so you can mix and match:  strawberry-banana, peanut butter-banana, chocolate-peanut butter.  So with 4 flavors you can mix and get an additional 3 flavors. 

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

J. Garcia
on 7/3/12 8:22 am
 Thank u :-) I called my nutritionist earlier and her guidlines were like the ones u said. And thanks for the site I'm def Gona check it out
njhanibal
on 7/2/12 8:51 pm - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12
which dollar tree? where was it found in the store? i'm curious.

J. Garcia
on 7/3/12 8:19 am
 I'm in California . I've seen them in almost all stockton stores and and Manteca . My mom is a manager of a store and she says all dollar trees should carry them. And I found them in the health and beauty isle. Right next to the vitamin supp.
njhanibal
on 7/3/12 9:04 am - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12
 Ok, thanks. I'll check it out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views