Sleeved on June 27

Sparkie25
on 7/1/12 6:48 am - PA
Finally came home yesterday. I spent the first two days with nausea and pain, thank goodness for iv liquids and drugs. I had my first full liquid saturday lunch. The hardest part right now is drinking enough and trying to get in some protein. I'm greatful I have AC, I just don't think I could ingest anything else. I've used a timer to remind me to drink that helps. And best of all I've been able to do more than pass gas.

OK all you other sleevers from the beginning of the week, how are you all doing almost a week out?
Sparkie

kaniac
on 7/1/12 6:51 am - TX
VSG on 06/12/12
I'll be 3 weeks Tuesday and I don't know if I would've made it without warm broth. It sounds like you're doing great. Congrats!!!

HW: 270 SW: 234 CW: 168 GW: 150 

mythreechildren2001
on 7/1/12 6:58 am
All I had for several, several days was ice chips and popsicles.  If I could manage a cup of tomato soup or sugar free hot chocolate, I was doing good.  I don't know what your surgeon advises, but my surgeon just cared about hydration those first week or so.

You may not believe it now, but it will get much better soon!

50 y/o female 5'6" HW 283 current 160 goal 150

NewMe2Be72
on 7/1/12 7:01 am - CO
hello Sparkie
Doing... ok here.  Like I posted earlier.. I hate taking pills! :(    It is hard to stay on top of drinking.. and remembering to get my protein in once an hour.  It seems like as soon as I finish one oz...my 15 min. is up and it is time for another oz. 
stephanieplum
on 7/1/12 7:49 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 So far so,good here....feeling a little better everyday.  Blessings on our new beginnings!

louisamay
on 7/1/12 8:20 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Hang in there, Sparkie.  It's going to get better and better.

Welcome to the losers bench!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

MeeMiss75
on 7/1/12 8:28 am - Katy, TX
VSG on 06/12/12
 Passing that gas was the biggest accomplishment of my life during week one! I SO can relate! Congrats to you...it's going to get better every day for you. 

bluerskies
on 7/1/12 8:35 am
VSG on 06/25/12
 Glad to hear you are doing well!  I was sleeved on Monday so I'm on day 7 post-op.  Overall I'm doing well.  I'm getting most of my liquids and protein in.  I'm still dealing with pain but it's getting better.  I haven't been able to sleep in my own bed and have camped out on a reclining chair which is much more comfortable at this point.  I had gained about 8lbs while at the hospital but finally yesterday the extra weight was gone and I lost more weight.  So I'm down 16 1/2 lbs now since I began the pre-op liquid diet.  It's exciting seeing the scale move!
 Jessica

Jenfur
on 7/1/12 8:50 am
VSG on 06/25/12
Mine was Monday and yesterday I got in over 70oz of fluid and 60 gr protein and today I'm on track for over 80 oz.  I now only take 1 pain pill at night instead of two, really just to help me sleep, and none during the day.  I went to Walmart and the Mall today and walked some (damn 109 degrees outside)  I am so excited about grits and cream of wheat tomorrow since I'll be a week out and ready to try it.   I've done the broth from chicken noodle soup, found a beefy mushroom soup with a clear broth and my unjury chicken, all great and usually use at lunch.  I also mixed the unflavored protein powder in the others to up my intake.  

I feel pretty darn good except the staples are starting to aggravate me some and I'm ready for them to come out.  I've been able to sit on the floor and get up, climb into our bed which is high up and bend a little more.  Still sleeping in a recliner we brought into the bedroom just because it's so freakin comfortable :)  

Best of luck, I can't beleive how fast this week has gone by already, and welcome to the losers bench.

Sparkie25
on 7/1/12 9:28 am - PA
Thanks all. I've had 45 ounces today and 38 gms protein. I made instant potatoes with protein'd cheese 1/3 strength, (very runny)but it was very filling. I just couldn't eat anymore. It helped up my protein count. Before bed I like the idea of a nice quiet popsicle. Tomorrow is another day.

As for pain I've taken Tylenol ES liquid twice. I told my DH I wasn't "co-habitating friendly". He would have to find another empty bed in the house. I didn't even want him reading a book next to me this afternoon.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views