Off topic

chiefsgirl3
on 6/9/12 12:57 pm - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 I am infuriated today!!  My to be ex husband waits until the week I have surgery to file for divorce, not TELL me he is doing so, and to top it all of is trying for primary custody of our daughter!  As i I am going to let THAT happen!  What a JERK!  I cannot believe he has turned out like this!  And all of this 4 days after surgery!

rhearob
on 6/9/12 1:03 pm - TN
 So sorry for you!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Tirza T.
on 6/9/12 1:04 pm
VSG on 01/17/12
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this right now. I think you are right....What a jerk!  People can be very insensitive at times. You need to surround yourself with positive people and continue to do what you need to in order to take care of yourself. By the sounds of this post, you seem like a fighter. You will need that fight in order to stay same (family court sucks I unfortunately have 3 years of experience with that emotional rollercoaster) and to succeed in using your sleeve to the best of your abiltiy. Good luck in life and all of your future endeavors. Don't let a jerk set you back.

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
stephintexas
on 6/9/12 1:26 pm
What an ahole. That's just ridiculous. Clearly, it's malicious on his part. Did he know you were having surgery? That's just not human to do that to someone. Maybe his attorney told him to ask for custody, kind of like aim high and land midway than shoot low and get it. Maybe he thinks if he asks for the moon, he'll get a star. Hang in there and stay strong. Don't let him rain on your parade.

chiefsgirl3
on 6/9/12 1:52 pm - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 Thanks everyone!  And oh, yes, he knew I was having surgery. Has been against it from the start. And yes, I will fight for my daughter!  He knows this too, so I don't know WHY he would put us through this. He can have his stinking divorce, but he is NOT getting my daughter!

ib40
on 6/9/12 2:07 pm
If he doesn't think you are an unfit mother, my guess is that he is asking for primary custody as a bargaining chip--so that he can use it to negotiate for what he really wants. Of course, maybe he is the world's greatest dad, I don't know, but I'm doubting it from the way he handled things.

Tracasa
on 6/9/12 2:56 pm
Sounds like my first husband pulled the same crap but when I finally said yeah take him he backed off. Just trying to get a rise out of you. Besides you seem like a strong woman so if he wants a fight give it to him. Speedy recovery and kick butt!

chiefsgirl3
on 6/9/12 3:03 pm - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 Thanks!  He is a good dad to our daughter. I will give him that because it is the truth!  However, I am a pretty good mom too!  So he is def going to have a fight on his hands!!

Tracasa
on 6/9/12 3:53 pm
I'm glad he's a good dad but.... If he wants to be a better dad he should put his child first and check the ego at the door. He knows what buttons to push with you and that's your daughter. Don't give him the power to do it like I said before you sound strong and committed kick ass girl. Be that healthy role model for your daughter. Lol off my soapbox now.

chiefsgirl3
on 6/9/12 11:32 pm - IL
VSG on 06/05/12
 Thanks!  I know it will turn out the right way, but he has some nerve!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views