Itchy incisions

Sandy76
on 6/7/12 7:18 am - OK
VSG on 05/29/12
 They itch so bad is this normal? I'm day 9 from surgery no signs of infections. Anyone else have this
Sandy

njhanibal
on 6/7/12 7:39 am - Hightstown, NJ
VSG on 06/13/12

Itching is good!!!!! Inflammation is bad!!!!!!!!!!! 

cmaldavis
on 6/7/12 7:51 am - Willow Spring, NC
VSG on 05/23/12
Some itching is healing but you can also be allergic to the glue (or at least I was). My itching was awful, I was sooooooo uncomfortable. I did have inflammation but there was/is no infection. Dr. confirmed it today.

ERnurseMN
on 6/7/12 10:46 am - MN
I had a bad reaction to the steri strips and my skin looked terrible and it itched terribly! Getting better slowly.

CW 232 SW 219    m1-17 m2-14 m3-13 m4-6 m5-9  
louisamay
on 6/7/12 11:12 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I had an allergic reaction, too.  So itchy.  Doc told me to take Benadryl and put cortizone cream on it. 

But I did something that backfired, too.  At night when I was going to bed, I put a wet washcloth across my stomach because it made the itching go away or at least be not as bad.  And I developed a yeast infection in the incisions!

So don't do that.

:-)

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

jennergirl
on 6/7/12 12:23 pm - OR
VSG on 05/30/12
Thanks for posting this!  My incisions have been itching today & it's not comfortable.  I hope this means the glue will come off soon!!  Like right now, all I want to do is scratch!!

mermaidz
on 6/7/12 12:49 pm - Brampton, Canada
Itching is a sign of the stitches healing. Its a good thing.. Dont scratch though. Try using some Neosporin on the incision line. This will do two things:.. moisten up that dry incision spot and two hopefully keep it from becoming infected.

Itchy is good.
Anne D.
on 6/7/12 4:12 pm
I was allergic to the glue, itches like crazy. Benadryl gel and pills, suffered thru it. It was bad!

mauigirl2
on 6/7/12 4:46 pm - kihei, HI
I had it too... and I found out the glue is not on the outside it is on the inside.... it was terrible, I started puting cortizone cream on it but it got more inflamed... my doc friend thought it was yeast so I started using Vagisil and it really helped.... So my doc prescribed me a yeast and cortizone cream combined but still became inflamed... on the Vagisil worked to control the itching and inflamation.  Boy it really itched... especially if clothing touched it.

RobynNOLA
on 6/7/12 9:27 pm - New Orleans, LA
normal. it's healing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views