Help!

Brwnizz
on 6/6/12 2:10 pm
 I am currently one week post VSG. I am feeling so emotional. Is this normal? I know that I can't eat but my God, this liquid diet is killer. Please someone encourage me. I am strong due to the knowledge that I aquired. But I can't help but to feel sad sometimes. Did I make a mistake?
Amanda R. Butler    
JordynsMommy
on 6/6/12 3:56 pm - PA
VSG on 05/10/12
No you didn't make a mistake. You tool the initiative to become a healthier and better you. I'm 4 weeks and I have had good days and bad. It's a constant struggle but I try to think positive. When you start losing weight its going to be all worth it. Keep your head up. Feel free to PM me. God Bless.

Brwnizz
on 6/11/12 1:50 am
 Thank you so much. I really needed to hear that. I just feel a little distant from life. And I still get in the kitchen and cook for my family. That is easier than watching them actually eating it. lol
moonglo82
on 6/6/12 4:03 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
I was not just emotional for the first few weeks postop... I was borderline nutty because I was so emotional. I literally had a breakdown at a local fast food restaurant because I couldn't find anything on the menu that would work with the food stage I was in... it was ugly. I just wanted to feel normal again, and instead I felt isolated and ostracized.

I promise it gets better. This liquid phase feels like forever now, but when it passes you'll be amazed at how quickly it becomes nothing more than a blurry memory. This is temporary, and the long term situation is a million times better than anything I could have imagined beforehand.

Just keep telling yourself that this will pass, and that you only have to keep it up for x number of days... you'll be eating again before you know it. It will all be worth it.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Brwnizz
on 6/11/12 1:50 am
 Thank you so much. Now it's looking even better with the wuppor of others.
piper1234
on 6/6/12 9:03 pm
 Five days post op and I am both labile and flakey. I just think this stuff takes some getting used to. I also feel happy that I am feeling relatively well, not hungry, not feeling deprived, not in pain and losing weight.
doggz109
on 6/6/12 9:06 pm, edited 6/6/12 9:06 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
This is normal and it will pass.  Just about everyone gets this "buyers remorse" period.  Stick to plan and it will get much better.

I'm pretty sure I read there is a biological reason for this too.....like your hormones are seriously out of whack and it takes awhile to stablize. 

Have faith!
Brwnizz
on 6/11/12 1:52 am
 Thank you. My faith has gotten that much better having joined this forum and meeting all of you great people. Thanks again. I am encouraged. Better and healthier life.
rhearob
on 6/6/12 9:33 pm - TN
 The emotions are a byproduct of hormones stored in the fat cells.  You are burning fat at the fastest rate possible right now.  As a result those stored hormones are flooding your system.  

You are not alone.  It happens to all.of us.  On about the third or fourth day I broke down and cried like a baby for no reason whatsoever.  I felt like I was going mad, that was simply not me.

Bear with this.  If you rock the sleeve, you will soon feel better than you ever have in your life.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Brwnizz
on 6/11/12 1:53 am
 Wow! Our breakdown was on the same day. The fourth day I had it and cried on my husband and he felt so bad. But I can honestly say that I can do this. Especially with all of your help. Thank you
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views