Body fortress whey??

nanarama
on 6/2/12 3:19 am - PA
VSG on 07/09/12

First off, I promise I searched these boards before asking this question.  But I didn't really come up with much in the way of results.  Just a few very old reviews.

I happened to be at Walmart the other day and picked up a tub of Choc./PB whey powder.  Didn't open it yet just in case.  I am still pre-op but thought I might start to try something. 

Does anybody have any experience with this particular product?  I don't want to open it if not.  It appears to meet all the nutritional guidelines, but I'm still kind of new at understanding that aspect.  I'm more concerned with the nutrition rather than the taste, although that might matter too once I open it!  haha

I do intend next week to order the Unjury sample pack. This just caught my eye so I grabbed it.  I figure somebody has to have used this, right??  Thanks for any info!!

PS -- for one scoop, it's 140 cals, 2 fat, 7 carbs, 2 sugar, 26 protein.

moonglo82
on 6/2/12 3:40 am
VSG on 03/29/12
That stuff is supposed to be pretty good. I've heard people here recommend it before. My husband likes the vanilla flavor; he's never tried the chocolate pb one.

If you don't end up liking it, you could get some chocolate protein powder and mix in your own peanut powder and get a different take on the same type of flavor.

Also, be careful about buying too much before your surgery, especially anything that might have a slightly funky texture. Some people don't tolerate certain things as well after surgery as they did before, and some even say their tastes have changed since vsg. Not saying that will happen with this product, just not to go crazy spending a ton of money now on things you may not like afterwards.

Good luck!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

pedirn06
on 6/2/12 3:42 am
VSG on 01/26/12
I do not know anything about this product, but at GNC you can return the product if you are dissatisfied and get in-store credit.
pedirn06

Lisa S.
on 6/2/12 3:55 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
I have been using the vanilla since September. I love it!! I add 1 Tbsp SF choc pudding and a drop of pb extract to get my choc pb shake. With vanilla you can add in flavorings to kinda mix it up. I have tried the cookies & cream...blah. Don't care for it. I have not tried the choc pb. If you decide to try it, let us know how it is.

nanarama
on 6/2/12 6:03 am - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
Well, now that sounds pretty smart to me -- starting with vanilla and making your own flavors.  Why didn't I think of that??  So I'll try this one and then change it up with vanilla too.  Thank you very, very much!
Barbara W.
on 6/2/12 4:01 am - Upland, CA
VSG on 05/23/12
Is it Whey Isolate?  There are a lot of protein powders that are for
fitness folks, and they are not Whey Isolate.  I have powders that
are ok, but found it easier to use the liquid Premier Shakes. 
Many people flavor it with PB2(peanut butter powder) or Torani
syrups to get variety.  Check out how people get creative with the
powders on this website.  Some people are very clever with ideas. I will
still use the powders that I bought, but I know many people say
their taste changed post surgery.  I haven't seen any change in my
taste yet.  Good Luck. 

rhearob
on 6/2/12 4:01 am - TN
 I used body fortress advanced whey isolate all through my stage 1 and 2 diet, and still use it when I need a protein boost.  It works well for me.  I never tried the choc/PB but wished I'd seen it!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

PalpableThrill
on 6/2/12 4:46 am - TX
I like the Choc/pb better than the plain choc. A while back WM website had 3 containers for 39 with free shipping. Not a bad deal really.
Shagdoll
on 6/2/12 5:22 am
I use the chocolate all the time & I just bought vanilla. Sounds like I need to find the chocolate peanut butter one ... Sounds yum!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

natalie37
on 6/2/12 11:30 am - Advance, NC
Revision on 03/28/12
Hey Jenn!
New pic? Lookin' good!!
Natalie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views