Please tell me that I am not alone

SoSoHappy
on 5/22/12 5:34 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
I was sleeved on April 6th - so about 6 weeks ago.  Since then, I have derived absolutely no pleasure from food.  Shakes make me gag.  Even protein (turkey or chicken) makes me a bit nauseous.  I am scared because I have no desire to eat and getting my protein in is a complete chore.  I am hoping that this will pass at some point.  I am hoping that some of you have experienced this and can now happily report that all is well.  I am tired all the time.  I have little motivation and just want to rest (or go to the bathroom).  Please tell me that I am not alone.

sutherngrl94
on 5/22/12 5:41 am - Raleigh, NC

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time.

I do have to remind myself to eat.  Are you getting your vitamins in?  Have you called your surgeon?  Sometimes if I have no motivation or am tired I will make myself do something active (nothing big, maybe just weed a small part of the garden for 15 minutes) and that will make me feel a little better or I will get into doing it and it will turn into more activity.

I would definitely call your surgeon and/or NUT though.

SoSoHappy
on 5/22/12 5:45 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
Do you enjoy food?  I get no pleasure from it anymore.  Even the smell of food makes me gag. 
sutherngrl94
on 5/22/12 5:49 am - Raleigh, NC
The smell doesn't make me gag but I don't enjoy some smells the way I used to.  I know it's not the same and I'm sorry I can't help with that. 

christine2509
on 5/22/12 5:51 am - canyon country, CA
i stayed for like 3 months cant take food in all means or protein shakes or anything and i was so weak and tired and always faint it is gonna take a little time
SoSoHappy
on 5/22/12 5:59 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
Thank you Christine for giving me hope that things will change.  I cannot even enjoy the weightloss (from a size 24 to 18) because I am so weak and always feel yuk.  Thank you.

christine2509
on 5/22/12 6:09 am - canyon country, CA
dont panic thats normal just take ur vitamins and try as much as you can with ur proteins little by little dont force yourself:) good luck dear dont hesitate to ask we are always here
SoSoHappy
on 5/23/12 12:28 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
xoxo
tscasto
on 5/22/12 5:52 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
I think part of that is the healing process. I basically had that. my surgeon told me to continue taking my anti-nausea/ spasm med to help with this.  Your tummy is healing & doesn't want anything in there. I had quite a few protein shakes I liked before surgery that I couldn't keep down, couldn't stand the taste anymore or even look at w/o feeling nauseous. I finally found Premier Protein RTD shakes at Costco & I stick with them now.

I will say I didn't feel this way for as long as you have though. I would agree that you should probably call your surgeon & see what they suggest for you.
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
SoSoHappy
on 5/22/12 6:00 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views