Eating and Drinking

SoSoHappy
on 5/15/12 8:05 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
I know that I am not supposed to drin****il after 30 minutes of eating BUT I am so thirsty.  If I waited 30 min before and 30 minutes after, how is there time to eat 60 grams of protein and drink the fluids.  I am finding myself opting for the drinking rather then the eating because I am always so thirsty. 

Why is it so bad to eat and drink?

econtiff
on 5/15/12 8:17 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 My surgeon says to drink up to 1 minute prior but then wait 30 minutes after eating to drink. 
Cortnee Z.
on 5/15/12 9:54 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
I do what econtiff does too. I can eat right after drinking basically, but I can't drink after I eat. I have struggled with this too! We are so used to "washing it down" with something. And now that all we eat is protein it seems like your mouth is as dry as a desert! I have adopted something from the egg face blog that REALLY helps me!! The author talks about keeping everything wet while eating, so she uses a lot of dips (high protein ones) and stuff like that to help make our meals go down easier. It has helped me a lot in this area. I don't feel so dry and needing to drink as much!!

I also use a lot of cucumbers with whatever I eat. So if I have tuna salad or egg salad I eat them with a cucumber. It has a lot of water in it and helps!! Last night I made blue cheese turkey burgers with a lettuce wrap. I figure it helps get in the veggies too that I love and MISS!!

Hope that helps!! Hang in there!!
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
SoSoHappy
on 5/15/12 11:37 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
 At what week can we have cucumbers?  I would love to be able to put tuna salad on them. 
Cortnee Z.
on 5/15/12 11:47 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
I saw my dr at my week 2 appointment and he cleared me for everything. I obviously had to take it slow. But cucumbers were fine at week 2. But I would check with your doctor and NUT. They may have a different plan. 

Hope that helps!
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 308 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 355 views