Greek yogurt

AllaP
on 5/12/12 6:23 am - Vaughan, Canada
 I'm almost 8 months out. Is it ok to eat greek yogurt with fruits? Even not every day. 

Per 100 gr 0 gr fat, 12 carbs and 8 protein. 

Alla.

nsblue
on 5/12/12 6:25 am, edited 5/11/12 6:26 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
If it is in your surgeon's/ nutritionist plan for you... yes. greek yogert is a great source of protein..low in fat ;)

emelar
on 5/12/12 6:56 am - TX
Don't see why not.

Just a hint - you'll get more bang for your nutritional buck if you buy the plain greek yogurt and sweeten it to your taste (using sweeteners, SF syrups, honey) and then adding fresh or frozen fruit.  Much less sugar.  Much more protein.
PaulaS
on 5/12/12 8:31 am - TX
I agree with emelar!   And, much, much tastier to me.    For me, the "fruited" yogurt tastes "off".   I like a little local honey on mine, especially now that I am in maintenance.   Before that I usually put Splenda or Equal in it.   
Greek Yogurt is a staple for me - high in protein, easy to take in a cooler for travel, and I love it!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
MyOwnSunshine
on 5/12/12 12:09 pm
I buy the Fage with fruit at Costco, and Chobani with fruit is good, too.  If you count carbs, they might be too high, but they work for me in my plan. 
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Mom78
on 5/12/12 1:54 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
I just switched from Chobani to Fage, I only add a smidge of the fruit.  But my plan is ok with fruit.  The plain and adding your own fruit does give you more protein, 1 serving of Chobani plain is 23 g I believe.
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

mrsnate
on 5/12/12 4:39 pm
VSG on 04/27/12 with
I haven't been able to find a Greek yogurt I like yet. I've heard that Chobani and Fage are the best. Is this a common opinion? I didn't like the Dannon or the Yoplait.
MyOwnSunshine
on 5/13/12 2:27 am
I think Chobani is the best, but Costco carries the Fage with fruit on the side in a 12-pack and I have a serious Costco addiction, so I usually eat the Fage.  They are both good.  Costco also carries a big container of Fage plain that is great with your own fruit and a little sweetener.
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
AllaP
on 5/13/12 12:13 am - Vaughan, Canada
 Thank you. You made my day. The sweetned Greek yogurt tastes like a treat for me. If smb just told me that pre-op. lol

Alla.

PaulaToronto
on 5/13/12 12:48 pm - Toronto, Canada
I was eating it pretty soon after surgery but I find the milk sugars play havic with my blood sugars so I really limit how much I eat.  Give it a try.  It is very filling.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views