One beautiful word...Approved!

royaltys_journey
on 4/21/12 3:33 am, edited 4/21/12 7:54 am - WI
VSG on 06/11/12
Thats right, APPROVED! I found out last night by complete chance (guess it was meant to be) and I got my official letter from the insurance company this morning. Its real! I have been APPROVED! My surgery date will be before June. I am hoping for around May 21. Im going through a mix of emotions right now which as I've read is common. I'm super excited but also super scared. I wish the butterflies would give my tummy a break.

Hi there by the way, Im Kristin, I don't post here often cause other people usually have great answers and I've never formally introduced myself but I still feel like part of the community. Thanks for that. I just wanted to share my great news and ask a quick question about your bodily functions So pardon the TMI but I am a really regular person in the bathroom (twice a day like clockwork for the backside) and I also find myself wearing a path to the restroom to pee A LOT since upping my water intake a couple months ago. After the initial constipation I have been reading about does it go back to normal? Does the peeing slow down as your body needs the water more? Did anyone take probiotics both before and after to help stave off the constipation? Thanks for the insight and again sorry for the TMI!
Angel1974
on 4/21/12 9:04 am
VSG on 06/04/12
 Congratulations!!! I am waiting for my insurance response.   How long did you had to wait for an approval?
royaltys_journey
on 4/21/12 9:31 am - WI
VSG on 06/11/12
A little over a week from the time my packet was submitted. I had to do the 6 RD visits before that and jump through the psych hoops as well. Good luck to you!!! I hope you hear soon, I know how tough the wait can be.
Pooch2
on 4/21/12 9:21 am
AH OH, now you did it......your going to have weight loss surgery... LOL, Conrad's..

I too was a 2 times a day and very regular in that department pre surgery..... Post surgery, I had some lose issues for the first 3ish weeks post op and then it turned to constipation for about 1.5 months until I got cleared for veggies and some fruit.   If I had been willing to eat oatmeal and cream of wheat or more beans during month 2 and 3 I think I might have been OK but I kept my carbs to under about 20 everyday and my body didn't like that so much but Miralax took care of me and made it work OK.   I have moved my carbs up closer to 40  everyday and I haven't had any Miralax in over a month.. I think the fiber in the veggies, fruits and small amount of grains I get have been enough to keep me regular.... I am 4 months out and I fell normal in that department now.....   B**** first my doctor said use MOM (milk of mag.)  and I gagged on that stuff...they suggested Miralax and its a white tasteless powder, could be your best friend for a little while and its not one of those types of laxatives that your body gets used too and cant work regularly without them....its a good product!!  

Good Luck with surgery, I wish I could have done this along time ago.... 
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
royaltys_journey
on 4/21/12 9:35 am - WI
VSG on 06/11/12
Thanks so much for responding. I get the feeling this must be an awkward subject for people to talk about and I appreciate your candor and humor  I will make sure to have the miralax on hand. I think the fruits and veggies in my current diet are definitely the thing that keeps things moving. I can tell when I am not getting enough. heehee. Honestly this is one of the things that I am not looking forward to post-op but hey it's all part of getting to the healthy me trapped inside.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views