How do you manage to get all of your vitamins in?

Softballgal73
on 4/18/12 6:01 am
I'm just about as bad as trying to get in my vitamins every day as I was at eating before this surgery! Now I'm pretty good about eating....but trying to get these vitamins in is kicking my butt! I have a pill case, but that is still not working. What do you do to get them all in and what is your schedule for taking them? Thanks!
MizzEvil
on 4/18/12 6:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12

ND2BTHN
on 4/18/12 6:11 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I make it part of my morning routine. While I am packing my lunch, I collect all my pills into a small container and put it in my lunch bag. When I get to work, I take out my water bottle and pills and keep them with me at my desk. I try to keep the same schedule and routine, and time myself on when I should be done my first bottle, to give myself a 30 min break before lunch. I take most of the pills during this time. I save my iron pill for just before bed. That one I sometimes forget.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
newme2011-2012
on 4/18/12 6:53 am
I do all my vits in one of those one week pill containers at the beginning of the week. Then each day put that days in a snack size zip loc. I have to take mine with food. So I do after each meal and viola!! All gone. It is a habit now..
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Could_It_Be
on 4/18/12 6:55 am
 I too have a horrible time with this!

VSG on 6/22/11
judyk62
on 4/18/12 7:21 am - Santa Rosa, CA
 I too have trouble although I do exactly what you are doing, putting them together for the day, leaving them sitting on my desk so I am reminded. I think my problem is that my first meal is usually a protein drink so I'm not sure if the liquid is enough in my stomach to keep me from getting sick. So by lunch, I'm already behind, take a couple, then depending on snacks and dinner, take the rest - usually. Seems there aren't enough meals to accommodate all the vitamins (along with a couple of prescription meds).

Judy

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Cindy22706
on 4/18/12 7:21 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
I use these drinkable vitamins that my nut recommends,

I decided on these because
1- It counts towards 8oz of my daily fluids
2- I figured I would forget vitamins if I didnt do liquid

It comes in powdered form and you mix with water. Its called Isotonix, and its almost immediately absorbed into your system. www.yourvitaminsource.com if you wanted to take a look. I take 'multivitamin with iron' and 'calcium'. the price may look high but its 3 months worth, which pretty much equals out to buying all the other types of vitamins. If you have questions just let me know. Thanks! 

Sk8rmom
on 4/18/12 9:46 am
I use Melaleuca vitamin packs. Prepackaged calcium, multi, probiotics and anti-oxidents. I take 1 pkt in am with breakfast and 1 pkt in pm with dinner. B12 after breakfast. At bedtime I take extra calcium.  Most vites are best taken with food.

If I take out the vites and leave it on the kitchen table the night before, I don't foget to take them. If i'm out and about for the day, I have Celebrate vitamin paks that you mix with water. Those I just drink throughout the day.

Old habits are hard to break and new ones can be hard to make. Good luck!!
nicoleista
on 4/18/12 11:04 am - MI
VSG on 03/05/12
I struggle with this big time. I don't like swallowing pills and they often make me feel sick. I have especially been struggling with taking my antidepressant medication. OMG, it makes me feel so sick. I find that if I take with a full stomach and no more water then is necessary, it works 50/50 of the time. I actually had my doctor give me a vitamin infusion prior to surgery and I think I might do that again. Lasts for 2 weeks but is expensive. I also get my vit B's in an injection. The doctor says it works for 2-4 weeks. So this is one direction I might go in. But still have to get all the other medications in. Grrr...no easy answers on this one!

SleeveRockn Chic
on 4/18/12 11:04 am
I use the pill box and without it I would never remember to take all the vitamins. I rarely miss a dode. Before surgery I would forget everything and barely took my meds the way they should it was such a hassle to me. Now its a reg thing taking and the pill box 7 day 4 times a day is the best to arrange your pills through the day. Good luck. Kerry

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  
 HW: 365lbs.  SW:353  CW:182.4  GW:160 lbs.
Goal 1: Get under 300 (Reached as of 11/15/2011 299.4 Baby) 
Goal 2- Get under 200 (Reached as of 08/29/2012 199.2 Baby) 
Goal 3- Get to 160

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 316 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views