Hmm...Doing something wrong?

kahlana
on 4/17/12 10:04 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
So i have stepped up the workouts, dropped the carbs drastically (despite being exahausted all the time), back on 2 protein shakes a day religiously, I drink 64oz of water every single solitary day no matter what but I am having a problem. i gained 3 pounds. I don't know why. I am sticking to Dr. Selwyns plan I am not eating constantly. My carbs are at around 35 grams a day and my protein is averaging 90 grams a day. Trying to figure out where i am messing up.

My Blog My Facebook

landdnurse2
on 4/17/12 10:07 am - Midwest City, OK
How many calories? I do much better on dense protein than shakes. Try to up water to 80 ounces.

HW 321 (9/08) SW 312 (1/11)  Pre-op 280 (11/1) Surgery 270 (12/11)
kahlana
on 4/17/12 10:10 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
calories stay right at 600 to 700 a day no more. Well I will take my food journal into my nut on the 24th and maybe she can help me find the issue too. And I will jump up the water and see if that makes a difference too. Thanks for the suggestion.

My Blog My Facebook

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/17/12 10:13 am
Maybe you are a stair step loser.  My entire weight loss journey was stair step.  Lose a good bit for a week... then stall for 2-3 weeks.  Regardless of what I did, this was my pattern.  Sometimes the stall was 4 weeks long... and I even gained a few times... but I stuck to my plan and the overall result is great!  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

kahlana
on 4/17/12 11:18 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
That's what i am wondering too Ms. Pokerface. i just want to be at 169 by the 24th since thats the next surgeon and nut visit.

My Blog My Facebook

katier825
on 4/17/12 10:32 am
I bet it is the increase of exercise...gaining muscle and something to do with the body retaining fluids to repair the muscles after exercise...or something like that (I forget the exact wording). As long as you are sticking to your plan, and it sounds like you are, you will continue the downward trend soon. The water content of your body can vary greatly day by day. You are not gaining fat. I wouldn't change anything, except maybe to increase fluids if you can.
kahlana
on 4/17/12 11:29 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Katie, I checked out your idea about it being muscle and yep my scale swears i've gained 2% in muscle mass. Can't complain about that one I guess lol.

My Blog My Facebook

INgirl
on 4/17/12 11:23 am
Kahlana, 
Don't worry over this one, I gain frequently (check my profile).. Ups & downs..

I'd try to get your fluids up closer to 100oz, it could help as it's almost positively water.. either just natural fluctuations, a little too much sodium or if you're like me and stepped up your exercise, that muscle work can cause you to retain some fluids for a while.. When I did a leg-burning hilly waterfall hike (tons of stairs down into the gully, and back out.. besides picking a trail up the waterfall.. yeah, I put on about 4lbs over the next couple days and it didn't come off for a while.. I totally burned my leg muscles on it, and that's how I got repaid! Lol! Just pound the water and wait.. 

You are not messing up in the slightest.

kahlana
on 4/17/12 11:31 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
So I had a 2 oz pork chop for supper, went for a walk and came home to a 2 pound loss. I should know better than to freak out about this I really should lmao.

My Blog My Facebook

INgirl
on 4/17/12 11:33 am
Either that was a magic pork chop or some crazy-ass terrain you walked! 

Eh, we're human, we're hard-wired to freak out on occasion!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views