How much could you eat BEFORE surgery???

NanfromSan
on 4/1/12 4:25 am
VSG on 12/09/14
I'm just curious.  Everyone talks about their stomach capacity after surgery.  How does it compare to before surgery?

I could easily eat 4 large slices of pizza, a drink, and still have room for a dessert if I weren'****ching anything I eat.  Just curious if everyone had this huge stomach pre-op or is it just me???  I wonder if my surgeon is going to be like WOAH!   when he goes in there!

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/1/12 4:32 am
I could put away an obsene amount of food preop.  And it was hard for me to feel full.  I could eat a whole pizza plus dessert plus drinks in one sitting.

I sometimes wonder how many calories I ate in a day when I was at my worst.  10,000 easily I'm sure.  Gross.

Love my new lifestyle thanks to my sleeve!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

acbbrown
on 4/1/12 4:37 am - Granada Hills, CA
 I'm with you -I used to eat large pizzas for meals, and then for dessert, put away a few energy drinks and bags of candy. I always think about those moments when i feel bad for "eating too much" now. I'd be lucky to finish a single piece of pizza. 

I rarely ever felt "full" before surgery - Id have to go out to eat some where like cheese cake factory, have an appetizer, gigantic meal and dessert before I'd be saying "SHIIITIT I ate too much". 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/1/12 4:50 am
Yes, me too... app, biggest entree on the menu, dessert plus alcohol.  Every once in awhile I would get "thanksgiving full" but it was rare.

I was ALWAYS looking at the menu, trying to maximize my choice.  It tended to be the biggest, most carb-laden thing with something fried in it too.  Like chicken parmagiana over a huge bed of noodles.  Chicken alfredo.  Steaks with butter and/or cheese melted on top.  Sides were usually two carbs (rather than a carb and a veggie like most people)... like mac & cheese and mashed potatoes.

I'd swing between eating like that and then eating like a bird (on weigh****chers for example).  Always between the extremes.  I'm trying to be a more moderate eater now.  Never at either extreme.

Man, we would have had some fun eating together in preop days!!!!!!!!!!

acbbrown
on 4/1/12 5:00 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Seriously - a lot of my social life was all about food. Food, drinks, etc. Lunches, dinners, happy hours, parties - all about the food.

I'm thinking we need to hire Frisco to make us some baby portions and have some fun with food :) have some kind of food tasting event lol. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/1/12 5:23 am
I know.  I feel a little awkward now in social situations sometimes.  Can't make food the center piece anymore!  But for the most part, it's fine and I've adjusted.

I LOVE to cook now.  It's all about maximizing the flavor... quality over quantity.  But I can't hold a candle to Frisco.

hwag5149
on 4/1/12 5:13 am
I always wanted the biggest thing on the menu too but the biggest amount of food for the least amount of money. Don't get me started with coupons. Shooot! Did you say buy 1 get 1 entree??? Oh lord!

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/1/12 5:24 am
That is so funny, me too!  I'd be like, but honey, we have to spend at least $50 to get $5 off!  So let's get apps AND dessert!  LOL!

Geez, it's amazing I wasn't bigger than I was.  

SoSoHappy
on 4/1/12 5:30 am - CA
VSG on 04/09/12
WOW - me too.  Always looking for the item that I thought would be the largest.  I started getting into the appetizer habit and the quantities of food I was consuming was insane.  I am pre-op right now and on the liquid diet.  Feeling like I am going to miss those meals, but I think I am going to like thin, being able to walk up stairs, fitting in a roller coaster, etc.  a whole lot better.
TheBiscuit
on 4/1/12 4:34 am - TX
Not much, surprisingly. If we're using the pizza scale, 2 pieces of pizza and side salad or rough equivalent. My obesity was almost entirely caused by lack of exercise and soda. Tons of soda. My mom used to joke that she couldn't understand why I was obese-- I never ate. Heh! 
VSG: 10-13-2011
SW: 287
CW: 178

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views