Why isnt the scale moving?

loser2be
on 4/1/12 3:01 pm - CA
VSG on 03/02/12

I had my sleeve on March 2. I did really well the first two weeks. In fact I did Awesome! But week 3 & 4 not so good. In fact less than 3 lbs. what is going on? I am on full diet at 800 calories. I am getting frustrated! Hired a trainer starts tomorrow hopefully, it will help...something has gotta give.

Jill

newme2011-2012
on 4/1/12 3:10 pm, edited 4/1/12 3:11 pm
It is just a stall...You will have many and need to not get upset when they happen... I have had alot of them.. If it bothers you to NOT see the scale go down everyday then DON"T weigh everyday..
The overall trend will be down.. You just need to chill.. I know it sounds easier said then down , but I am speaking from experience..
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

(deactivated member)
on 4/1/12 3:14 pm - Mexico
On April 1, 2012 at 10:01 PM Pacific Time, loser2be wrote:

I had my sleeve on March 2. I did really well the first two weeks. In fact I did Awesome! But week 3 & 4 not so good. In fact less than 3 lbs. what is going on? I am on full diet at 800 calories. I am getting frustrated! Hired a trainer starts tomorrow hopefully, it will help...something has gotta give.

It's normal.  It's a typical 3 week stall and you'll have another about every 50#.  Just wait it out.  We didn't get fat over night, we aren't going to get thin fast either.  You aren't going to lose weight every single week.  Wish we did but we don't.

It will happen, give it time.

Ashley O.
on 4/1/12 3:20 pm
It's jsut a stall. stay off the scale. trust me.

I had a stall that lasted 6-7 weeks... it started 10days post op and lasted a month and a half - 2 months.. it was miserable. i was doing everything i was told and more but it didnt budge.

it'll happen. and you knwo what else will happen/ the weight will come off. just keep doing everything you're supposed to be doing, follow all rules your surgeon gave you,a dns tay off the scale... no more than once a week at most.. and it will come off. one day you'll look at the scale and be down 7 pounds and wonder when the hell it happened.

totally normal. don't freak out. not worth it. (:

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

rhearob
on 4/2/12 12:02 am - TN
 It happens.  Your body just needs to catch up to you.  Stay on your plan, exercise, and Stay hydrated.  The weight will come off.  Usually when the stall breaks, you will see a big drop.  When that happens all of the frustration at the current lack of movement will evaporate - and you'll be ready to party!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Jessica O.
on 4/2/12 4:32 am - Ann Arbor, MI
 I had a 3 to 4 week stall at 3 weeks post-op.  But have faith, the scale will move again!  Just keep drinking your fluids and getting in all your protein.  

Sleeved on 11/23/11 at 302lbs (309 sw.) 5'6" / 41 years old

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 308 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 355 views