what's your plan

mama2girls
on 3/26/12 12:49 pm
Just curious what every ones eating plan is?

I am to eat 3 meals a day dense protein first them non starchy veggie, no snacks, no protein shakes, but I can have a protein bar for lunch once in awhile. I take two multivitamin a day, probiotic, iron, calcium, c vitamin d, and liquid vitamin b12

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

acbbrown
on 3/26/12 2:25 pm, edited 3/26/12 2:26 am - Granada Hills, CA
If I did that, I'd be lucky to get 300-500 cal a day.

Od say that M-F, i eat about 6 times a day - I eat very small meals/snacks every 2-3 hours. This on how my stomach feels. I mostly started that kind of habit to help control the acid in my stomach. Some days I don't need to do that and I eat 4 times a day.

Weekends - I have no plan per se, but I listen to my body. If I'm home, that's easy. If I'm out, I usually stick to 3 meals and no snacks. But it all depends.

I do shakes and protein bars as my diet and exercise allow.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kevin H.
on 3/26/12 8:51 pm, edited 3/26/12 8:52 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Good luck on that one.  My stomach is way to small to only eat 3 times a day.  That sounds like what I did before when I had a normal size stomach.   When you can only eat 2 oz at a time, I'm not sure how they expect you to only eat three times a day?  Like the above poster said, I wouldnt get anywhere near the protein I'm supposed to in only 3 meals.

No protein shakes?  Many people need those shakes (not I but sometimes) to get their protein needs because dense meat doesnt feel good sitting in there.  It feels like a brick in your stomach its so heavy and thick.  This is the first I've heard of anyone not being able to have a protein shake.  Hell, thats what I lived on for a month ( 2 weeks before and after surgery.)

Ms. Poker Face
on 3/26/12 8:58 pm
I made a concious decision to eat more than 3 meals per day for the same reasons stated by the other posters.  I'd never take in enough protein with three meals.  My meals would have to be so big for my tiny sleeve that I'd risk stretching it.  Any why would I want to do that??  So I eat 4-6 times per day, depending on the day.  Always reach my protein goals and fluids goals.  And keep my meals small.  It's rare that I eat over 3 oz in a sitting, by choice.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

doggz109
on 3/26/12 9:01 pm, edited 3/26/12 9:02 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
WAKE UP:  Protein Shake

Breakfast:  Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, 1 scrambled egg, etc

Lunch:  Tuna salad (maybe some peeled cucumber slices for "crackers"), deli slices (turkey, ham, roast beef), left overs from the family dinner (if they make chicken or burgers I will measure out 2 oz and keep it for the next day), etc.

Snack:  I try to plan a snack - usually a cheese stick.

Dinner:  Pretty much same as lunch, but sometimes since I home I will cook some form of protein (2oz), homemade chili, etc.

I am getting around 80oz protein, 60-80 oz fluids, usually way under 40g carbs per day.  I haven't worried about calories yet.  I'm never hungry and my calories have never gone over 800 per day.  They are usually around 500-600.  I don't know how I could eat more at this stage.

I work in my vitamins and medications in there (blood pressure med, gout med, multivite, B-12 supplement, calcium citrate sup).....hard sometimes.  I've had a bit of an issue with constipation due to lack of fiber....going to ask NUT about that this week.  I realize I need the fiber but there is no way I can get it from food right now.  No room.

Somayeh
on 3/26/12 9:38 pm - Fountian Valley, CA
VSG on 05/09/12
 I used to take a fiber supplement in milkshakes from time to time. 
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fiber-supplements/AN00130 

Hope it helps =D
Somayeh

Defining success by behaviors, feelings and NSVs!        
mama2girls
on 3/27/12 9:14 pm
My nut actually says as long as I eat protein first and stop at the first sign of fullness, I've asked about protein but she don't give me an exact number. I usually eat around 300-400 calories if I stick to the three meals a day sometimes I sneak an extra cheese stick in, if I'm up to eating. I get around 20 carbs a day.

HW:409  SW:328 CW:185-190 GW: 190, lowest wt:165;

GS Surgery date 8/9/11

Body by Sauceda born 12/9/16

"I'm working on myself, for myself, by myself"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 157 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 429 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 447 views