Lap band to sleeve

tdorsett
on 3/24/12 2:05 pm - virginia beach, VA
I went from the lap band to the sleeve. Is the weightloss slower and less for revision patients? My friend had her surgery a week before me and has lost over double what I have lost.
PBJ
on 3/24/12 3:43 pm
I know it is hard...but don't compare!  Everyone is different and we all lose in our own time.  Does she have alot more than you to lose?  I know it is hard not to do to compare..but just focus on your journey, follow your program, be good with your water, and exercise and you will get there!!  I was not a fast loser but I got there and it is so worth it.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
4evercaligrl
on 3/24/12 5:50 pm
 That is a really good question.  I am having my revision on Friday and I'm so scared that I won't lose the rest of my weight. If anyone on here has had the revision from band to sleeve and has had success, please let us know  :)

USAF Wife
on 3/24/12 8:48 pm
I lost way faster with my revision. Remember that starting weight, and each individual body is different. Each person, revision or virgin sleeve is going to lose at a different rate. I lost just as fast as virgin sleeve patients.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

edelu
on 3/24/12 9:14 pm - los angeles, CA
My loss with the sleeve is slow as molasses however i have noticed that quite a few of the revision folks who have lost well did not do well with the band.  i lost a ton of weight with my band so probably I'm at the tail end of my weight loss and my body just got tired of losing weight.  Also the restriction with the band was such that i couldn't eat much and i eat more with the band.  I'm thinking i probably went from 400 cals a day to 800 which understandably will stunt loss. So i would say if you didn't lose a lot of weight with your band recently the revision curse probably won't haunt you.  good luck
Sugan Spice
on 3/25/12 1:03 am - Gatineau, Canada
Revision on 02/21/12
 Mine has been slower but consistent...no stalls yet and 3-5 pounds a week. :) my surgeon said that's great, he's happy with my loss and said its normal. I had lost previously and regained due to a slip so my metabolism is all outta whak due to eating issues post-slip. But I love my sleeve!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/12 3:47 am
No revision here...just chiming in about starting weight.  I think it probably has a lot to do with how many calories you are consuming now and what your starting weight is.

I use Lose It on my phone and my alloted calories for a theoretical 2 pounds a week weightloss have gone from 1682 a day when I was about 240 pounds to 1344 a day at 204 pounds.  As the weight loss (hopefully) continues there is less and less of a deficit between what I eat and what my allotment is.  The only thing I can do to try and keep that gap is up my exercise.  Makes since to me that this is probably why weight loss slows down after the first 3 months, and then supposedly again after 6 months.
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/12 12:29 pm - CA
I believe it is a slower loss--I am also lapband to sleeve and I was warned by my Doc that this might happen. I guess our bodies were already "used" to eating less. This is not the case for everyone, but it has been true for me. It took me almost 6 months to lose 35 pounds, but now that I am a year out and I am down to the last 8 pounds, it's coming off even slower! LOL! I am happy to be in a solid size 12 (and a few 10s) but I would love to be closer to 170...I really have to work at it now to lose 2-3 pounds a month. It is what it is, but it does come off. Good Luck!
camietam
on 3/25/12 2:37 pm - Ceres , CA
I am a lap-band to sleeve. I am 4 months out at 52lbs. lost. There is so many factors to look at. Try not to compare but we are all curious.
Camie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views