6 months! Pictures

Chana
on 3/14/12 3:07 pm
Hi Y'all,

I'm at the 6 month mark now.  Wow, this has been a very exciting time for me.  I think that for so many years I just had this undercurrent of sadness - feeling unattractive, tired, worn down - that I really had forgotten how to have fun.  Now, tonight, I just got back from a 3 mile run with my husband - and I only stopped at 3 because I had worn him into the ground, lol!  I participate in life now instead of just observing it from the sidelines.  And OMG I am LOVING the clothes!  I am so not a girly girly kind of girl, or at least I used not to be, but now I am having so much fun finding things I like! 

I can't get over how effortless this has been.  Honestly, if I never lost another ounce I'd be happy where I am.  Really, though, I am still losing consistently 1-3 lbs. a week.  I've got another 30 lbs. to go to goal and have no doubt that I'll get there and likely somewhat lower. 

What am I eating?  Generally high protein, lower carb but not extremely low.  Breakfast is greek yogurt; lunch is a salad with grilled salmon, chicken, or steak in it, and for dinner it's whatever I make for my family albeit small amounts.  I absolutely cannot eat bread at all (doesn't go down) and a bite or two of potato is also all I can tolerate, so those are essentially gone from the diet. 

Exercise?  I run.  A lot.  I did the couch potato to 5k, finished January 1st, then started a marathon training program.  I'm not sure that I'll go through the whole program, because I may end up with plastics in the middle of it, but for the last several weeks I've been steading increasing the distance of my "long" run on Sundays by a quarter to a half mile each week.  I wish I could do more with my upper body, but I have a bad rotator cuff in one shoulder so I dare not risk injuring it again (I've had a LOT of cortisone shots in that shoulder.)

Skin - ugh.  Need a neck and lower face lift.  Need a tummy tuck (4 kids including a set of twins didn't help out the stomach much either!), breast lift, arm lift, and upper body lift (bra line).  My legs and tuchus are fine, so glad I got lucky there.

So I had this list at the very beginning.  I updated it at 3 months and again tonight:

1.  Onederland!  DONE
2.  Run a 5k  DONE
3.  Spend an entire day at an amusement park with the kids without being totally exhausted.
4.  Fly without having to hunch my shoulders over for the whole flight.  DONE (OH, THIS IS WONDERFUL - I TRAVEL FOR WORK A LOT)
5.  Size 16  DONE
6.  Size 8 (even better)
7.  Wear a shirt tucked in with a belt  DONE
8.  Never ever wear another sweater twin set.  LOL, WELL, MAYBE TWIN SETS AREN"T THAT BAD
9.  No more swollen ankles  DONE
10.  Normal cholesterol  DONE
11.  Go horseback riding again (I used to show)
12.  Ride a zipline
13.  Learn to ski GOSH, WE REALLY DIDN"T HAVE ENOUGH SNOW THIS WINTER FOR THIS NSV
14.  Finish my black belt in Tae Kwon Do (I'm orange)
15.  Grocery shop without embarassment  DONE
16.  Have a family portrait
17.  Along the same  line, actually be in photos instead of always being the one taking them!DONE!
18.  Be totally unselfconscious when "with" my husband HEE HEE.  DONE
19.  Weigh less than my husband!  DONE
20.  Collarbones!  DONE!  MY HUSBAND POINTED THIS OUT A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO, AND THEN I OBSESSIVELY KEPT TOUCHING THEM ALL DAY LONG LIKE THEY WERE MY LONG LOST FRIENDS, LOL!

Now the pics

This is my heaviest.  I'm not even really sure how much I weighed (couldn't bring myself to get on the scale), but certainly more than 250.  My guess is about 265.  I was a 3x plus size on top and a 22W on bottom. 

Pre surgery 246:

Tonight - 175, size 12 petite (I'm 5'4").

LeapVSGer
on 3/14/12 3:25 pm
VSG on 02/29/12
 You look awesome!! Congrats! We have many goals in common...except I haven't conquered them yet :)

Love the yellow underarmour shirt!

teahleah
on 3/14/12 4:02 pm
VSG on 07/02/12
Great post and you look awesome! Congrats!

HW: 475, Consult WT: 450.5 **Lost 63 lbs pre-op** SW: 387.5 M1: -31, M2: 
Check out my blog about my journey so far:  http://breakingoutbebe.blogspot.com
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/12 5:32 pm - Southeast, TX
too cute!!! congrats on your success so far
Jillville
on 3/14/12 9:16 pm - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
Wow - look at you!!  Way to go - what amazing success you've had!!  I love your big smile the most - keep it up!! :)
trayb17
on 3/14/12 9:37 pm
VSG on 01/05/12
You look wonderful! Congrats on your success!!
Cindy22706
on 3/15/12 12:28 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
OMG you look amazing!!!!

PluggingAlong
on 3/15/12 12:51 am
 I agree - your legs look fantastic! My entire body looks like its melting ;) Great job!

Consult Weight-323 / SW- 312 / CW-173/ GW-155
Starting BMI: 65.2 Current BMI: 34.9

MyOwnSunshine
on 3/15/12 12:57 am
You look great!  Way to go on the running, too! 
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
onemoretry
on 3/15/12 1:10 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Looking good! Congrats!
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views