Learning a lesson the hard way!

mamachristi
on 3/14/12 1:47 pm, edited 3/14/12 1:52 am
VSG on 01/24/12
I have messed up big time!! I really thought had a handle on my obsession with food. I've been working out and thought I could handle going to Whataburger with my daughter. (Its our place.) I ordered a crispy chicken salad instead of a burger and fries. Two bites in I thought I mght throw up right there! It was the worst thing had EVER put in my mouth. I spent the next half hour in the bathroom!! I recovered and went about my day. Then another daughter asked me to get pizza for her and some friends. The smell alone made me order an extra pizza. (Typical for me prior to surgery.) I decided after returning home with the pizza that I should leave the house while they ate. Ended up ordering some bbq ribs!! I ate 1 and now I feel awful! I even hungry. Why do do this??

Tracasa
on 3/14/12 2:24 pm
First of all stop beating yourself up! You made an error in judgement and that happens, second your fresh off from surgery and should not be eating the foods you mentioned. If you need a handle on your obsession join a group at the hospital where you had surgery just call the Doctor`s office and they can put you in touch with patient services. I am not perfect either but you 
need to follow what has been recommended to ensure proper healing of your sleeve. If your hungry have a protein drink or water or cheese stick. Check to make sure your eating enough protein and getting in your fluids. You have come this far right? Each day will get easier I swear. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views