kinda nervous now...

happymom80
on 3/13/12 12:59 pm - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
I'm 9 days post op today. Today has been a bad day for me. Just really rough...I'm still pretty sore and i struggle keeping up with my busy 7 and 3 years old...it's spring break.

So few things going on...I'm not so full anymore...it isn't as tight or painful to eat as it has been...this seems scary to me today b/c I was having a hard day and fighting the urge.to eat deals and i was hungry...more head I know.

Then i hurt myself. My little one was sick and i held her...then carried her a short distance. I know I'm not supposed to lift her 28lb body, but i did...and it hurt! My incision where they took out the stomach hurts...pretty bad. I talked to the nurse and she said we'll just have to wait and see over the next few days...but now I'm worried I just broke something.

I'm really just venting...it's been a rough day.

HW: 350+ (I didn't look after that)  SW: 328  

Kevin H.
on 3/13/12 1:14 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Hard to take care of little ones post op .. I cant imagine.  Try to take it easy and wishing you well.

happymom80
on 3/13/12 1:17 pm - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
Thanks...it's been tough. We don't have family here and my mom was supposed to cone to help this week but came very late tonight....long story...part of the bad day. Tomorrow is a new day...yay!
SassyItalian
on 3/13/12 1:20 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
its time to put mommy first, im guessing for the first time.

why are you alone taking care of your kids 9 days after having your stomach removed? where is your hubby/siblings/family/friends.  ask for help!

it is supposed to get a little easier each day to drink and/or eat. dont be afraid. just follow your plan and know what you are supposed to be doing and you will be ok.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

happymom80
on 3/13/12 10:50 pm - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
You're right I need help...I'm not so good at asking for it. I don't have much family...my dad (a big time not good guy) is dead, my only brother died about ten years ago, and our closest parents live 3 hours away...my husbands sister is literally in hinged and incapable of helping, plus she's 4 hours away...which leaves friends. Who have helped with meals for my family and one day one of them took both kids for the whole day...what a great gift! But i never anticipated needing this much hel p. I figured people went back to work after a week...surely I would be okay. And you know now i know it would be easier for me now if I were working in an office or something...or if my kids were a little older....or if it weren't spring break on my second week.

Part of the hard day yestrday was that ny mom was supposed to be here but she basically kept blowing me off and doing other things so she was really late. I was only supposed to be alone for a few hours...not the whole day...normally I would eat my way through that hurt and anger...but i didn't. I told her how i felt...a really hard thing to do given our relationship. I guess that could be a NSV on it's own.

Thanks for the encouragement about it being easier to drink/eat...it is nice to be able to get my fluids in!
AmberK
on 3/13/12 1:36 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I am 6 days out and I am too still having much pain at the larger incision site. But, with meds. I can keep it under control! I have a 2 1/2 year old and today I really wanted to just love on him and hold him, but I know I can't. My family knows I cannot be left alone with him at least for another month! I hope someone can help you! I can't imagine taking care of a toddler on my own. Hugs!! 
happymom80
on 3/13/12 10:53 pm - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
I did not expect it to be this difficult...my little one fell offthe swing set and i couldn't pick her up...but then later when she wasn't feeling well and fell asleep I just couldn't't resist....ahhh. I have help now...yay!
Starfish40
on 3/13/12 3:01 pm
VSG on 03/06/12 with
Bless your hearts you mommas that have little ones. I'm about the same time out as you and I cannot imagine having to take care of little ones while doing this. I hope you can get some help so you can truly take care of yourself.

HW: 333, SW : 300 CW: 275. GW; 150

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 150 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 424 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 444 views