am i suppose to lose right away?

acochr2
on 3/13/12 11:47 am
 i had surgery on friday and couldn't keep anything down until monday. i had to go get fluids yesterday for dehyrdration. i know i'm holding fluids but i've gained 3lbs. today i was actually able to get in probably 45oz of water and 30g protein
moonglo82
on 3/13/12 11:49 am
VSG on 03/29/12
If you had to go get fluids yesterday, a weight gain makes sense because those IV's tend to have sodium in them. If you can stay hydrated, I bet all of that recent gain will come right off.

Good luck!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Kevin H.
on 3/13/12 11:50 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
 Don't get discouraged, just get well first.  Worry about loosing weight when your feeling better and dont need trips to the ER for fluids.  You have lots of time ahead of you to loose weight when your well.

Best of luck to you!

SouthernmostStar
on 3/13/12 11:56 am
VSG on 01/25/12

Don't worry about the initial weight gain.  In addition to the IV fluids, your tissues are swollen and holding onto still more fluid.  I gained the 20 pounds back that I lost pre-op but they were gone by one week post-op.

Just keep sip sip sipping to stay hydrated and get enough rest.  Don't forget to walk!

Good luck,
Mary

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SassyItalian
on 3/13/12 1:43 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
get off the scale! i repeat, back away from the scale.

you just had major, body shocking surgery and they pumped you full of fluids.

seriously. dont go near the scale for a week or 2, you will drive yourself crazy and sabotage yourself.

some people lose right away, some gain 10 pounds in the hospital, some see no change at all for a few weeks.

the point is, this isnt some quickie solution. this is a solution that will be with you for life so the weight eventually will come off, it doesnt have a choice. now, just focus on getting your fluids and taking care of yourself and the rest will happen as it should, according to your own body's plan.

hugs.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views