Just checking in -- some NSVs

Sk8rmom
on 2/24/12 1:31 am
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking and not posting much. So glad to see so many of you doing so well -- you are inspirations! For all those on the fence about surgery -- do your homework and choose what works best for you -- this was the best thing I could have done for myself. Wish I could have dones this years ago. Still have a long way to go -- but, boy do I feel great!!

I've been steadily losing, slower now than right after surgery, but I expected that. My biggest issues are getting my water in and exersize. I am conciously working on getting better at both. My routine over the past month hasn't been working (no work-out schedule -- just winging it) so I started switching things up to help move things along. M-W-F: walking 20 min and weights 20 min, Tu-Th: spinning 20-30 min. After just a week, I'm feeling better and sleeping better, too.

I weigh myself weekly on Mondays. I journal all my food intake and exersize (I use Realizemysucces.com).  I measure my food -- if I don't, I eat too much then my sleeve is not happy and lets me know it. I was a volume eater -- old habits die hard.

My meals include:
Breakfast: 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese,  sugar-free vanilla syrup and cinnamon
Snack: Premeire Protein drink (11oz - 30g protein)
Lunch: 2 low-fat cheese sticks or 1/4-1/3 cup tuna (mixed with mustard and low-fat mayo)
Snack: 1oz natural almonds (if I need something crunchy) or 8oz protein drink (Chike or Syntrax Nectar)
Dinner: whatever I decide to make for the family (protein and veggies) -- 1/3 cup

My calorie intake is around 800, Carbs around 40-50, protein 70-90. My water is still around 50oz -- but I'm pushing it more and more each day.

My goals for the next month: Hit onederland, get at least 64oz of water in daily, increase exersize time and intensity, continue to measure my food and journal everything that goes in my mouth.

NSVs: My blood pressure is good -- no more meds!! And, no more sleep apnea!!!!

Thanks for listening!!
Patty

favrow812
on 2/24/12 2:03 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Congrats on the 55 pounds in 2 months!!!! Keep rockin your sleeve!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Sk8rmom
on 2/24/12 4:12 am
Thank you!!!
miciaRN
on 2/24/12 2:33 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
 Congratulations, you are doing wonderfully!! I can't wait unitl I'm on the loser's bench with you!
Sk8rmom
on 2/24/12 4:12 am
Thanks!! I'll make room for you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views