did u find your weight loss pick up when.....

karenbarb
on 2/12/12 7:12 pm - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
you got to solids... was there more of a loss than with soft foods...or do we keep losing the same amount....i am at half to lb every other day....how bout u guys ????

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

DANIELLE H.
on 2/12/12 7:16 pm, edited 2/12/12 7:16 pm - ADAMSTOWN, MD
I have slowed down to about 2 -3 lbs a week.  Instead I have notice more changes in my body than I did in the beginning of my journey.

I am 3 months out tomorrow and have lost  over 50 lbs.
ND2BTHN
on 2/12/12 7:39 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I'm still in the mushy stage, and have been losing 1 lb every 2 to 3 days. If I continue at this rate, I will be happy, since I will reach my goal faster than planned.  I think it depends on how well you get your liquids in too. Liquids are not just for hydration but also to help carry the fat out. I am struggling a lot with my liquids, and think I would loose a bit quicker if I could get to the required amount. I found once I started incorporating some food into my diet, I can no longer get the adequate liquids in.

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
frisco
on 2/12/12 8:27 pm

Hate to be the bearer of bad news (not really bad news)......

Typically (means not always) as you advance in foods your WL lessens.......

Because..... between healing and being able to eat more you are taking in more fats, carbs and calories. Also the range of foods you consume becomes larger and different foods will effect your WL...... I was told this early on....and it rang true for me....

Also remember....as you lose weight.....your body gradually runs more and more efficient and requires lower and lower calories. This is where many people get thrown off.....as time goes on...they eat more and more and there diet becomes a little more liberal when there body requires less and less calories.

That said..... take advantage of the first 6 months when WL is easiest. Many many regret not trying harder early out. The second six months is still pretty good..... but not like the first six months.....

Look at it this way.........lots of people come up around 20lbs. short of goal...... I truly believe that a lot of those people could have tried harder in the beginning and ended up making goal......that's only my theory......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Pkrplyr777
on 2/12/12 9:22 pm - CT
I agree with Frisco.

The first six months make a huge difference. Take advantage of this time.

I have some regrets about my first six months. I think I would be at goal now if I had stayed on plan when I was able to eat more and different foods.

As I get closer to goal, as I am now, I have to really count the calories and carbs like never before and choose what I eat carefully.

It would have been easier if I had never started eating/drinking certain things just because I could.

donna

HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views