please anyone..c-diff ???

karenbarb
on 1/25/12 9:09 pm - Roselle, NJ
Revision on 01/18/12
i developed c-diff in the hosp. according to my dr. i have lost 11+ lbs in a week !!!! i live in the bathroom and he did put me on antibiotics for the bacteria...my question is...can anyone who had this help me get better quicker ??? what can i do ????? i cannot even enjoy the weight loss or my new sleeve, i have no energy to do anything and i am supposed to go back to work at my daycare center on monday !

IT IS A NEVERENDING BATTLE, THAT I WILL NOT LOSE

MichelleChoinski
on 1/25/12 9:36 pm - NY
C-Diff........
A yucky thing to go through.
Just make sure you are diligent in taking your antibiotics and getting rechecked.
My nephew gets it.  He has Cystic Fibrosis and my daughter has had it 2x
There is really nothing you can do but let the antibiotics o their job.
It will get better though.........promise :-)

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/25/12 9:39 pm
Yes, I had the same thing.  I felt like utter crap.  You just need to work closely with your doctor until this is resolved.  Definitely ask him if it's ok to return to work on Monday or not.  I ended up being off for 3.5 weeks after my surgery because I had zero energy and couldn't be away from the bathroom for more than 5 minutes. 

Definitely DO NOT trust farts... they can end badly if you aren't on the toilet.

This was a long hard road for me but I am better now.  I feel good as new!  PM me if you want to talk further. 

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

RhondaLynn
on 1/25/12 10:56 pm, edited 1/25/12 11:01 pm
This CAN be a deadly!  While it is not normally!  did that get your attention??
I had a abcess tooth 7 years ago, i took a round of clyndamycin (sp) and still need another so the dentist gave me cefalexin(sp).  I went to costa Rica about 2 weeks after the last round.  I THOUGHT it was the water so I didn't think to much of the trips to the RR every 30 minutes. after 2 weeks I was in the hospital there and almost died. Hubby had to get an emergency  passport to get to me because I was down there with a friend. 
I had a wonderful Dr. there and the hospital was fabulous. but stayed in the hospital down there 2 weeks, came home it flaired up again and was in the hospital here in the states for 2 more weeks.  My wonderful doctor here saved my life.(he prepared my hubby for me to "not make it").

He did the "normal treatment which I don't really remember but what finally did the trick for me was enemas of Vancomycin.  I wouldhave to use my lamaze breathing and keep the enemas in as long as possible. 
Then I had to take the vancomycin for about 6 weeks doing a gradual step down treatment.
It was a long haul but I have been c-dif free for 7 years now.  I avoid antibiotics any time I can. 

Rhonda

PS I will be happy to talk to you about it if you need to,  Also there is a lot of ino on the web and some forums about c-dif. 
soulsister
on 1/26/12 12:36 am - NY
Yes, I had this right after surgery!
It is very important that people know the difference between c-diff and normal pooping.

I had to take an extra week off of work (could've gone back in a week) because I couldn't stay out of the bathroom.

Liquids in, liquids out is not necessarily true.  I wish I had known this before I ended up in urgent care.

I was on Flagyl for 2 weeks.  It may even take another week to completely resolve after finishing antibiotics but it was a lot better!

That was the worst part of recovery for me....I could've been back to work within days.

I completely understand about not being able to enjoy your new sleeve.  Hang in there it will get better I promise.

I don't have any ideas about how to get better quicker..I tried probiotics too but didn't seem to matter. The antibiotics are the best way to recover.
DRMOMRN
on 1/26/12 11:17 am - OH
Check with your doctor if Bacid would help. It helps regulate the flora(normal bowel germs). I hope you feel better soon. It is "catchy" so wash those hands!!!!
VeronicaJ5
on 1/26/12 11:51 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
yeah you gotta clean the toilet after you go , or someone can catch it in your house
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views