Not a good day

Assilem7779
on 1/16/12 7:58 am
VSG on 01/03/12
 So today I went back to work (I'm a hairdresser) and I had to leave early because I felt real tired and faint..my coworker who also had the sleeve said that I might be dehydrated and that I probably should drink more protein but I can hardly drink more than 3oz of my shake.. I didn't think it was gonna be this hard..I go on purée on thursday so hopefully that will help....what are some good ideas for purée food???
   HW-257 PRE-OP-246 CW-223 GOAL-140                 
JAN-26lbs FEB-      MAR-     APR-     MAY-     JUN-     JULY-     AUG-     SEPT-     OCT-     NOV-     DEC-            
ruggie
on 1/16/12 8:02 am - Sacramento, CA
Make sure you're drinking at least 64 ounces of water each day, and getting 60-80 grams of protein down.  Drink up that protein!

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

moonglo82
on 1/16/12 8:02 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I have no advice, but I wanted to say I hope you feel better.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/16/12 8:03 am, edited 1/15/12 8:07 pm
First and foremost, be sure to get all your fluids in. At least 64 oz. Then, work on the protein. Purees might not be easy, especially if you are struggling with protein shakes. Go slow, eat one new food at a time so you know if you can tolerate it, and be sure to get your fluids!

I had to blenderize everything for my pureed phase. Added enough liquids so that the end result was of applesauce consistency and slid off a spoon. Here's what I ate.

egg salad
scrambled eggs
tuna salad
chicken salad (use canned chicken since it's super soft)
chili
baked fish
laughing cow cheese wedges
ff refried beans with a little melted cheese
cottage cheese
ricotta cheese
the lowest carb cream soups I could find and then I added protein powder to them
ff plain greek yogurt (added a little splenda and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice)
no sugar added applesauce
sugar free pudding
still used protein shakes, broth and other liquids to supplement mushies

I got creative with the flavors I added to things. I used different spices and liquids to switch it up. I must have made my chicken salad ten different ways: ff mayo, greek yogurt, dry hidden valley ranch seasoning, dry mustard seasoning, mild buffalo sauce, ff sour cream, etc.

Hope this helps!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

VUUBUG
on 1/16/12 8:05 am
VSG on 01/10/12
 Look into syntax nectar to add to your water....kill two birds with one stone!  

MaggieNug
on 1/19/12 4:53 am - PA

What is the consistency of the syntax nectar?  Is it like a shake?-   Maggie

Assilem7779
on 1/16/12 9:17 am
VSG on 01/03/12
 Thanks for the help friends...
KB1964
on 1/16/12 9:22 am
The first two weeks are hard. You will be very tired and dehydrated if you are not careful. Keep sipping. The good news it's gets better, just take it easy for the first couple of weeks back. I came home and took a nap everyday for 10 days when I returned to work. I am not a napper. But I was then, but all of the sudden after my stomach healed I could drink more and my energy came back. Sugar-free Popsicles will also help you to say hydrated the first couple of weeks. Hang in there I promise it gets way better!
hollykim
on 1/16/12 9:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Assilem7779
on 1/16/12 11:15 am
VSG on 01/03/12
 Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question