When did YOU stall?

Chelle2380
on 1/5/12 7:49 pm - TX
I have only stalled once, but I am only 7 weeks out. It was the dreaded 3 week stall.  I was just wondering when everyone else stalled, so I can prepare myself. 

Thanks!!~

frenchgrapes
on 1/5/12 8:48 pm, edited 1/5/12 8:48 pm - TX
I've been losing slowly since the week after surgery. I wouldn't say so much a stall as just losing very slowly. I think the problem is complex:
1. Going from a high fiber diet to almost no fiber.
2. Low potassium level because of the low carb diet, which is also probably causing me to have leg cramps and a slight rise in blood pressure.
3. I'm exercising more than I used to which coupled with the elevated protein intake is hopefully building some muscle which weighs more but burns calories better.
4. Some of it is probably the body going into starvation mode from the drastic calorie intake reduction.
5. Plus, I started having grits, then oatmeal about three weeks out. Now that I'm having egg beater egg whites for breakfast, I've lost two pounds in two days.

Tweaking the eating plan to better accommodate my body every day. Looking for low carb, high potassium, low sodium, low calorie, high protein meals!
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
Mom4Jazz
on 1/5/12 9:03 pm
I stalled again at about 2 months, at 3 1/2 months and about 7 months. All of them broke. I didn't do anything different to "break" them, they happened and then they broke.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Chelle2380
on 1/5/12 9:13 pm - TX
How many weeks did it take for the stalls to break?

Mom4Jazz
on 1/5/12 11:23 pm
2 to 4 (I only weigh once a week so unless I weigh the same two weeks in a row I don't notice smaller stalls).

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

sndeebear
on 1/5/12 10:05 pm
Im currently 11 weeks out and have been in a stall for about 6 days now.. stuck on that number that just wont go down...lol... this is my second one and the first one lasted me about a week.. so im hoping this one will break soon.. Good luck on ur journey

Rcool
on 1/5/12 10:12 pm
DOS 12-15-11 I'm in a stall right now.
MsBabzi
on 1/5/12 10:25 pm - Norwalk, CT
I am 13 wks out and I stalled from week 9 thru 12. I just saw a large drop this week. I hven't changed anything except I was so busy thru the holidays that I ran out of protien shakes and wasn't getting all my protien in. Back on track now. Don't lose faith... it is what it is and it will get better! Good Luck!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/12 12:36 am
It depends how you define a "stall".   If you mean not losing weight for a few weeks, that happened to me all the time.  I would almost always stall for 5 days to two weeks, followed by rapid weight loss.  I would lose all the inches during those "stalls".  They are not true stalls at all, just a way for your body to process and release the burned fat.  If I use the official definition of stalls, which is

" the definition of a plateau is when you lose nothing—nadda—despite doing everything right, for at least four weeks." In addition, you are only officially stalled if:
  • You haven’t altered your exercise regimen or made any other significant lifestyle
    change.
  • You’re not taking any new medications (including hormone therapy) that may be interfering with weight loss.
  • You can honestly say you’ve adhered to all aspects of the program.
  • Your clothes are not fitting looser, and have not lost inches.

Then I did not stall even once.
P_B
on 1/6/12 4:29 am - Norfolk, VA
I had a stall from 2 weeks to 5 weeks.
Unless you count Elanias explination, then never had a stall.
I lost inches during those weeks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views