hit my year 8-2011 then got fired from job

gigglee
on 12/16/11 3:48 pm - Broussard, LA
I am struggling lately..I haven't been online in forever b/c i was having several health issues that were not being resolved by my surgeon and i was very discouraged.  I promised myself that i would not let any petty things get in my life once i had surgery and work destroyed it all..and i can't pick myself back up.  My wt loss started slowing in June but i had just had a 2nd surgery to explore my abdominal area b/c of severe pain attacks i had been having since february.  needless to say noone could find anything wrong and i the no phone call from my surgeon who did my bariatric surgery for a month discouraged me even more to deal with him.  I was very hurt ...going thru so many emotions and pain not knowing what to do...then had horrific situations going on at work ...then in sept they let me go ...and i haven't been able to find a job since and my depression is out of control and i have no money to see a doctor b/c i have no insurance....most of my friends have been very helpful despite their own issues.  but i have lost myself...completely lost the journey and the good feelings i had about losing 100 lbs..i still have 50 lbs to go but i cant get back on the grid...I am reaching out for someone who i can talk to that may understand...I really don't like this being in the open so if anyone wants or has the time to reach out to me...i am really hurting...and i need some support to get through all of this....its not necessarily a wt issue but it is hendering me completing my journey so i need to get past it so i can....i know if i found a job it would help but there are some deep issues here...i was always told to try avoid any major changes in the 1st year ....and boy i been rolling in it...and now i can't find me...thanks to anyone who takes the time.. 
Tami    
prevsgcrys
on 12/16/11 3:53 pm - OH
i will pray for you..congrats on the losing 100 pounds....be proud of that!!! i was sleeved on monday so still pretty uncomfy awake with pain now....i dont know what else to say except stay strong during this hard time, u have came thru so much already!!!
Greg M.
on 12/16/11 4:15 pm - Cincinnati, OH
I'm sorry that you are in such a deep hole and feel so hopeless.  You seem to realize that your depression is a major stumbling block so I would suggest working on that and not worrying too much about further weight loss.  I believe that if you can ease your depression, you stand a much better chance at finding a new job and the weight will take care of itself. 

Are you on any anti-depressants?  It sounds like you should be if you're not.  If you are already on meds, you may need a different RX or two or more in combination.  These medicines take a while to do their thing and often have some unpleasant side effects; however, when things are critical like what you are currently experiencing, I would pursue that treatment.

Say some prayers, have faith in God that He will show you the way and get with a good doctor.  I wish you well.

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

rosapain
on 12/16/11 4:51 pm - Amityville, NY
Hi, Iam sorry that you are having a difficult time.You have done a great job with the weight.You may be able to get free help at your city hospital or a mental health clinic please try one of those.Maybe you can try to voulteer oneday a wee****il you find work. this may help you by being around others.You are strong then you think . Pull yourself together seek the help you need there will always be  ups and downs and you are made to handle them.You have come so far and I say that because looseing 100lbs, is a hell of journey,but you succeeded. Also give thanks to god with prayer.
infodiva808
on 12/16/11 6:49 pm
Can you get unemployment or welfare, food stamps or your health insurance with COBRA? Does your state offer any type of mental health services. Go to a social worker or maybe a friend or some family can help. Perhaps they don't know your dire straits. Catholic Charities? At one point in my life I was so depressed and had no insurance. I was feeling suicidal and contacted the state mental health and received some doctor visits for free. If you are having a medical emergency, an ER has to take you in regardless of your ability to pay. Even if you think you don't qualify for welfare go to the office anyway and ask them to help. I hope you find your lifeline. Sending you positive vibes!

46_11tobeme
on 12/16/11 10:46 pm - NJ
 I am so sorry for what you are going through. You need to deal with the depression, or it is going to make it hard for you to move forward. Like the above posters said - look into medicaid, free clinics, whatever it takes to get some counseling and medication if you need it. Start going to support groups - they are free. Ive always found exercise helps when I am feeling down. Deal with the emotional issues first and then it will be easier to focus on the weight, job search etc. Hope things get better for you!!!

Carlen T.
on 12/17/11 7:17 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Ok. Take a step back, take a deep deep breath, let it out. Take another. Now, get a notebook or a piece of paper. I want you to start a journal. Today. This is going to be a journal of positive things in your life. Sometimes, we have to focus, really really hard, to find those things that inspire use, that make us feel good, that make us smile or that can just get us through a day. That is what your journal is going to be about. Do this for yourself. Next, your are going to find what your county or parish offers in the way of free or low cost mental health and physical health care. You will call them and set up immediate appointments or walk in and explain what you need. After that, you will look into what is offered in your area in the form of assistance for job search. Libraries, job coaching, assistance with resumes, any and all things that are proactive. You will not stay at home and feel sorry for yourself. If you cannot find work, volunteer, it can be used on a resume as work experience. Then, you will start a new program to help you on your weight loss journey. Each day you will start a program of walking. Walking is an excellent exercise program and the endorphins produced can help with depression.

Now that I have outlined your life in autocratic terms, I can offer an ear to listen and sympathy. The reality is YOU have to do all this - we can offer support, the rest is up to you. Feel free to contact me at any time,

Carlen T        

Birdie55
on 12/17/11 9:24 am
The other posters have already said everything I would have said.  But, I wanted to give you a big hug.  If you can go outside everyday and walk at least a little bit, I find that it helps me to feel less depressed.  Hugs.

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

Readyforafreshstart
on 12/17/11 10:21 am
So sorry for what you are going through right now. I'm sending prayers your way. Have faith in your abilities to overcome and try to remain positive. Take full advantage of any assistance you qualify for, folks in your situation are who it was designed for.
RosieSweetie21
on 12/17/11 11:07 am
May God Bless You. Hang in there, things will get better.  Please listen to the other posters, don't sit around- get out and get help, please. My prayers are with you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 148 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 421 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 440 views