Should I or shouldn't I?

MTygah08
on 12/16/11 6:12 am, edited 12/15/11 6:32 pm - Pittsburg, CA
Okay,
I've done almost everything I've needed to do in order to pepare for Monday.

Losing 33lbs through diet & excercise prior to the big day: CHECK
Protein & Vitamin Overload: CHECK
Funeral Food intake (4x4 animal style In-N-Out Burger meal, Pizza): CHECK
Liquid Diet: CHECK
Hospital insurance and intake info: CHECK

NOW! Tonight my friends want to meet up in San Jose to Xmas party for me. There will be booze flowing freely at the club we're going to attend.

I'm torn: To drink heavily with my friends one more night prior to (re)starting my 48 hour liquid fast or to sit back and watch them partake in the libations and stick to my guns knowing that I'll NEVER be able to down alcohol like that ever again.

This may seem trivial, but I'd really like some insight and opinions... please.

Mutha24Boyz
on 12/16/11 6:24 am, edited 12/15/11 6:26 pm - NY
Don't do it. Not two days before major surgery, you've worked so hard to get this far, why take an unnecessary risk. IMHO you will be better off without it.

I am 29 years old. 5' tall HW 247 SW 241 Pre-Op 226 Tentative Goal 130
www.theinkdiva.blogspot.com
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/11 6:26 am
Dude, the booze prior to surgery isn't a great idea. It's like the NSAIDs in that it thins out the blood. My surgeon asks for NO alcohol or NSAIDs for 7 days prior to surgery. Also, liquor puts a major strain on the liver just prior to surgery. You want to be in prime shape for Monday. I get the wanting to party, but you'll be able to party again (albeit not the same way) at next year's Xmas Party. My vote is to refrain. You'll feel better for it come tomorrow and on Monday.
MTygah08
on 12/16/11 6:31 am - Pittsburg, CA
 Thank you for the reality check guys. I'm starting to lean towards refraining from it. But OH! the temptation!! Dammit! LOL 

edelu
on 12/16/11 7:19 am, edited 12/16/11 7:19 am - los angeles, CA
Why do you think you will never be able to drink like that again?  I'm a drinker and while i gave it up for the 6 months after surgery i took one Thanksgiving off.  I drank a bottle of wine in perhaps a 4 hour period.  The first glass had me a little woozy but it passed in maybe 20 mins and then i just continued.  Wasn't drunk, just buzzed like a bottle would do before surgery.  You've got a lot of time to drink but I dated a plastic surgeon once who would cancel a surgery if a patient drank in the one week coming up to surgery. the success of this surgery depends on saying no to a whole host of things.  Practice with this. Good luck
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/11 6:31 am - WV
I wouldn't want all that alcohol in my body prior to anesthesia.  Just not a great feeling about it....
frenchgrapes
on 12/16/11 6:35 am - TX
Temptation!!!

You can resist!!!
    CW 278 SW 260 GW 140    
MTygah08
on 12/16/11 6:37 am - Pittsburg, CA
 I believe I will be able to. It's just thought! OMG

onemoretry
on 12/16/11 8:27 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
This is exactly why I love this board. I never would have thought to ask this question, I would have just gone out and done it, and I was prepared to say, man, go for it and have fun. Never thinking for a minute it could cause you or me harm in the long wrong.  Now, that I know better. I say, go and have fun, but stay away from the alcohol.
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/11 10:40 am
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 52 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 217 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views