4 week post-op weight gain?

sweetmusician28
on 12/6/11 11:16 am
I'm about 4 weeks post-op and I decided to step on the scale today.
Overall, I've been losing weight really rapidly -- I had lost 35 lbs already.
But today I noticed it climbed up 4 lbs within the last 3 days.

I really do not want to fail at this, and this has kind of turned my day upside down.
I was doing so well before! 

Has this happened to anyone else?
tillmadd
on 12/6/11 11:22 am - WI
 Yup but it may depend on your monthly cycle...i just hit the treadmill twice and drank more water and it came right off!
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

vocalcoach
on 12/6/11 11:28 am - MD
Haven't had my sleeve yet (having it on the 20th) but I know from past weight loss experiences (losing 100 lbs on my own in 2006-07) that you should only weigh yourself ONCE A WEEK.  Your body fluctuates so much with water retention, metabolism burn and liquid intake!!!  I only weigh on Tuesday mornings after I pee when I'm naked!!  LOL and it ALWAYS goes down when I'm eating healthy and exercising...so try to find a day that works for you and you'll see the lbs jump down again!!

You're doing GREAT!

Thininmymind
on 12/6/11 11:54 am
Yes it happened to me right around 4 weeks as well. It was also about the time I was finally able to get all my water in. I think I some of my early weightloss had been dehydration and I gained back four pounds of water that I needed. 

After a good loss I always gain 1 or 2 pounds back and then stall for awhile. That's when I see the biggest change in clothing size. Just as suddenly I start lsoing again and the 1-2 pounds comes off.

Try not to stress about it, you're going to continue losing if you follow your plan. You just can't let yourself get caught up in the day to day flucuations. When you're a little further out, hopefully you'll know from your own experience that little gains and stalls don't affect the big picture.

Gastric Sleeve July 2011 Steven Simper - BL January 2013 Brian Brzowski - LBL March 2013 Brian Brzowski

Soosy
on 12/6/11 12:10 pm - TX
It happens. It can be your cycle, fluids, eating carbs... A number of things make it fluctuate.

Don't stress! It's still working!
~Susan
http://samesoosy.blogspot.com
VSG: September 13, 2011   HW:285    SW:253

newme2011-2012
on 12/6/11 12:10 pm
i am 4 weeks out this Thursday and today went up 1.8 pounds for no reason. So hoping that the scale goes the other way soon.
I keep saying to my husband there is absolutly NO WAY I can be gaining from what I am eating. Soooooooooo Frustrating!!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 357 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 404 views