How do you know if you are "satisfied"?

Mutha24Boyz
on 12/5/11 7:39 am - NY
How do I know when I am full if I have not gotten hungry?

I am 29 years old. 5' tall HW 247 SW 241 Pre-Op 226 Tentative Goal 130
www.theinkdiva.blogspot.com
newme2011-2012
on 12/5/11 7:42 am
You are lucky you don't get hungry.. I am still hungry.
As far as "full" you really arn't supposed to be full just satisfied. You may have to just use a basic ounces for now until you get to know your sleeve.. The not being hungry anymore isn't really true for everyone.
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

sweetummies
on 12/5/11 7:46 am
I asked this just the other day!  I've found as time went on, I learned what my body's signal was - or I've healed more and the nerves are more connected so I feel it more.  Could be both.  For me, it's a little tightness/pressure under my breastbone.  Once I feel that, I know I'm done and don't need anymore.  I have found that point comes quicker with protein, too.  I can only eat about 1 ounce of tuna by itself, but if I have something mixed with mashed potates, I can have more... realized it was the mashed potatoes "sliding' through.

It's funny how when you are trying to listen to your body, it initially isn't telling you much!  But it will.
cbz1815
on 12/5/11 8:27 am
I just measure  - early on 1/2 cup of soft food is what my NUT recommends so that is all I have at one sitting.   I know I need to eat because I feel "weak" not because I'm hungry.   My stomach gurgles after I eat a few bites and I always wait a few minutes before the next bite and start paying attention to the "full" feeling so I'll know when to stop.
 http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1002835/tickers/cbz18154ffc4e0ad3061cc9a4a78b5c152e9570.png?1322016825
katier825
on 12/5/11 10:38 am
Did you just have your surgery last week? If so, you are probably on liquids or soft foods and won't feel the restriction as much as you will when you get to solids. It's better to measure or weigh a portion than it is to eat until you are full. Start with an ounce or two, and eat VERY slowly, taking time between bites. It doesn't take but one extra bite to go from full to extremely uncomfortable. For me, it's like a chest pain that takes an hour or two to go away.
Mutha24Boyz
on 12/5/11 11:11 am, edited 12/4/11 11:14 pm - NY
I did have my surgery last week and I am on fine puree(thick liquids). I am just concerned about not stopping soon enough, but I guess it makes more sense to give a few minutes between to see if I feel any "signals", it's tougher at this point to eat and/or drink than it is not to. I had cream of mushroom soup earlier thinned out with chicken broth and a tiny bit a fage yogurt and i may have gotten in 3 baby spoonsful before I didn't want anymore.

I am 29 years old. 5' tall HW 247 SW 241 Pre-Op 226 Tentative Goal 130
www.theinkdiva.blogspot.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views