I have NO idea what is going on.

lindsayslosing
on 12/5/11 6:02 am - OK
So, I got a call from my Patient advocate today, and at first she said that I got a denial letter from my primary insurance. She said they asked for us to get a few more approvals, and then we will re-submit the request. I called my secondary insurance company, and they gave me some information, calleb my PA back, and she said that my primary will approve with a letter of cardiac clearence, and a letter from a pcp. My secondary is the one that denied me. My primary insurance also changes at the end of this month, and they will require a 6 month diet.

So, we are going to try and rush and get everything done in this next week, and get it submitted to my insurance company to be approved by the end of this month! My only issue is that I will have to lose about 35 more pounds before surgery. I really don't know exactly what is going on. This all seems to be happening so fast! I keep getting so many calls back and forth, so I really don't know what is going on. What I gather from this, I may be having my surgery this month, pending insurance approval and weight loss, or I will have to wait until around April for my surgery. Either way, I am now scared to death about what will happen. Maybe with the pre-op fast and a ton of excercise I can lose the weight, and with a lot of luck and prayer, we can get the approval from the insurance before the end of the month!

Follow me on youtube for my pre-op and post-op adventure!
    www.youtube.com/user/LindsaysLosing
--I want to know what it'd be like to find perfection in my pride, to see nothing in the light, or turn it off in all my spite.

LaToya S.
on 12/5/11 6:21 am - Edwardsville, IL
Take deep breaths---loose what you can. Your surgeon will determine if 35 lbs is doable depending on the time line of your actual surgery date. It sounds like you have a wonderful office to work with and they are trying to get you taken care of.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

lindsayslosing
on 12/5/11 6:59 am - OK
They are fantastic. With each new thing they hear, they call me back. I have my appointment scheduled to get a letter of cardiac clearence(I have already completed an EKG and stress test in surgeons office) I just need an approval letter. I also need a pcp letter! 

My nutritionist called me to tell me what I need to do for my fast. They have been on the ball!

--I want to know what it'd be like to find perfection in my pride, to see nothing in the light, or turn it off in all my spite.

landdnurse2
on 12/5/11 7:00 am - Midwest City, OK
I was required to have 6 months of documented weight loss prior to surgery. Start with a high protein diet now and it will make post surgery easier!
Good luck with your insurance challenges!
lindsayslosing
on 12/5/11 7:03 am - OK
Well, I have been doing the 6 month requirement since end of Spetember, but I have been kinda slack with the past Holiday. I would just prefer to get it done before the insurance change if at all possible, because they will cover more than the new insurance.

doggz109
on 12/5/11 8:29 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
So are you going to have surgery before your insurance switches?  Just because they approve it before you switch.....I thought it only matters what insurance you have on the day of surgery.

Hopefully you can get it all worked out.
GeneralSandyK
on 12/5/11 9:10 am
I hope they get it all worked out for you! I would think you should be able to lose 35lbs. on a pre-op diet, I was on opti-fast for 2 weeks prior to my surgery and I lost 25 or so on that. Good Luck!
lindsayslosing
on 12/5/11 1:13 pm - OK
True, It only matters what insurance you have on the day of the surgery, but if I can get it sooner, and not have to pay as much, that would be such a blessing. With my current insurance, I have already paid in so much this year. When it switches at the new year, everything starts over.

And thank you for the encouragement! Knowing that other people have done it, makes me feel much better about trying to do it myself. I started immediately after the call, and as soon as I walked in from class, I was thinking about all the food that I want, but can't have. Wait, is that an Olive Garden commercial on the tv. My go****'s so hard!

Karen-Adventure
on 12/6/11 12:51 am
Sounds like you physicians office is trying to do the right thing and get you taken care of.  Hope all goes well for you

lindsayslosing
on 12/6/11 1:30 am - OK
 Thank you!they have been wonderful every step of the way!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 308 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 355 views