2 month stall....REALLY

bpeete06
on 11/3/11 1:44 pm
 Ughhh Idk what to do. Im not excercising and not eating as well I need to also. Coupled with a highly stressful nursing school and working weird full time shifts in between I'm feeling like my weightloss has come to an end. Any one experience something similar?
AniO
on 11/3/11 3:36 pm
 You know what to do. Get back to basics. Eat well and exercise. It's that difficult, but that simple. Good luck. 

AniO

katier825
on 11/3/11 6:23 pm
Stalls happen periodically and are part of the process. No one likes them, but you need to learn to accept it will happen and that it will end eventually. The body takes time now and then to readjust. Check your measurements. Most people lose inches when they aren't losing weight. Stick to your program and the weight will come off! Hang in there!
Stephanie M.
on 11/3/11 7:23 pm
Most people have a loss pattern that involves a loss, then a stall. For the first three months I would lose for a week and then stall for three. Now I only stall for a day. Hold tight. Your pattern will change again and the stall will break. Just keep on keeping on. Don't bother doing crazy things to break it. It will happen.

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

Dawnie 88
on 11/3/11 8:08 pm
Yes..i stalled at about 9 mths postop..and didn't lose anything for just over two months..then it started picking up again..and losing consistently again.  I am 18 mths postop and still losing 5-8 lbs a mth. Just keep doing what you need to..be patient..it will begin again..

viola_120
on 11/3/11 9:26 pm - FL
I hear your frustration.  I have lost only 5 lbs in the last 21 days.  It is aggravating.  However, I'm tracking what I eat and working my plan.  I know I will continue to lose weight.  It's just a little slow this month.  Keep your chin up, be honest with yourself--no one else really cares, LOL, what you weight or eat as much as you do--they just notice what you have lost, not what you still have to lose. . .
HW-250 SW 241.8 GW 139            
bigmama3
on 11/3/11 10:29 pm

Sunday will be 2 months out from surgery, and I've just hit a stall.  I am eating well, not cheating and following the rules.  Thanksfully I've learned from individuals on this board that this is common and I will not panic ****ep telling myself that).

It's bound to happen, but you (and I) will likely begin to lose again.

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

tripmom02
on 11/3/11 10:51 pm - NJ
 If you are not eating properly or exercising then I would hesitate to call this a stall, your body can only lose weight if you are putting in the work. You know what you need to get back on track, meal plan, break out some time for exercising (it will not only help you lose weight, but help with the stress from school) and I bet the scale starts moving again.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/11 1:32 am
I am going to be a bit blunt here.  This does not sound like a stall to me, this sounds like you are off your program.  A stall is when you are doing everything right and the weight will not budge.  Stalls will break if you do nothing, going off program requires you to recommit to doing what you know you must.  I am worried for you, sometimes we first maintain our weight before the weight starts going back up.  Only you know how off program you are.  Just remember, regain is a very real possibility in our future.  I am sorry if I am a downer, but the truth might motivate you to re-examine what you need to do and kick you into doing it.  That is the spirit with which I am writing this.  Good luck to you, I am pulling for your success.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 141 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 410 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views