What your Diet Liquid Consist to? HELP

bathoria
on 11/1/11 10:20 pm - San Antonio, TX
I will start my Pre Op Liquid Diet November 9 and I bought some cream soups and stuff but I am wondering if somebody could help me ( if you remember ) what kind of soups,
protein shakes,puddings you bought? Like I got today some fat free sugar free puddings and jello's ,natural not sugar added apple sauce,sugar free crystal light, some fat free camp bells soups. I need to get a protein powder and chewable multivamins ??? where??? I bought some Citrate ( calcium 600 mg with vitamin D chewable ) What else do I need? Do I need to start taking B12 as well? And the multivitamins has to have Iron? I hope I can make it within this pre op liquid diet :( Any suggestions would be appreciated !!! My surgery date is November 23rd. TIA 

Amy D.
on 11/1/11 11:36 pm, edited 11/1/11 11:36 pm
 Every Pre-op diet is different!!   I am doing 6 carnation instant breakfast a day!   I can also add Instant coffee granules, blend with ice (I don't like doing it together tho, it makes it too frothy), no cal flavor extracts, heat it as hot coco, SF icepops!  Other allowed fluids are H2O, any drink with no cal.,Decaf coffee or tea (no creamer),  bouillon (fat free, mine is already FF but I got a low sodium one), & SF Jello!!  

Vitamins; they suggest that the Flinstone Complete Chewable are best for right now!  They do have a bunch of diff vits we need!!  I am also taking an extra vit D but that is because my NUT was a lil worried when she seen my Vit D was so low!!   

Good Luck!!  Our dates are coming up real soon!!  

VSG 11-8-11      HW 327       SW 255   Mo.1-25 lbs  loss  " I think that everything happens to me for a reason. The hard times that I go through build character, making me a much stronger person.?
bathoria
on 11/2/11 12:03 am - San Antonio, TX
On November 2, 2011 at 6:36 AM Pacific Time, Amy D. wrote:
 Every Pre-op diet is different!!   I am doing 6 carnation instant breakfast a day!   I can also add Instant coffee granules, blend with ice (I don't like doing it together tho, it makes it too frothy), no cal flavor extracts, heat it as hot coco, SF icepops!  Other allowed fluids are H2O, any drink with no cal.,Decaf coffee or tea (no creamer),  bouillon (fat free, mine is already FF but I got a low sodium one), & SF Jello!!  

Vitamins; they suggest that the Flinstone Complete Chewable are best for right now!  They do have a bunch of diff vits we need!!  I am also taking an extra vit D but that is because my NUT was a lil worried when she seen my Vit D was so low!!   

Good Luck!!  Our dates are coming up real soon!!  

Thank you!!! I heard the prep diets re different depending on the medical facility etc :) But what are you eating is about the same I am about to start eating :) I hav eto drink Carnation instant breakfast as well each morning and decaf coffee or tea. I heard about the flinstones chewable :) where did you got them from? I heard Cosco has them but I am not a member of Cosco and not a fan either lol I also was insruted to take Citrate D ,Calcium with D. Thank you so much and GL to you as well :) I am excited!!!
DANIELLE H.
on 11/2/11 12:13 am - ADAMSTOWN, MD
I agree, every pre-op diet is a lil different. I am doing 3 protein shakes a day and can have low sodium broth, sf jello and sf ice pops.  Drinks can not have caffeine, sugar, or cream.  As for vitamins I also was told a chewable multi and if childrens to have 2 a day.  I was also prescribed a Vit D extra.  TheCalcium`, Biotin and B12 I was told to wait until after surgery.

I use the pre made shakes and have found I like the taste of OhYeah and Lean Body. I get them from the Vitamin Shoppe and I tried an adult multi they had that was pineapple and I do not like it, but thats ok I am changing over to Flintstones or similar for my inner child (LOL).

I am currently doing my pre-op and surgery date is the 14th.  Hope this helps and good luck to you.
   HW 296 SW 247.5 (11-14-11)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views