My Before pics make me want to PUKE!!

SkinnyJeansSoon
on 10/14/11 3:50 am, edited 10/14/11 3:51 am
I had my pre-op appt today with my surgeon and we did before pics. I was able to see them and was so ashamed. I try to stay behind the camera and haven't had my pic taken in a year or so. It is so sad to see how out of control my weight has gotten. I can't wait to be on the flip side and join you guys on the losers bench! On the upside I lost 3 pounds this week on my pre-op diet.

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

SassyItalian
on 10/14/11 3:58 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis

Hahah! This is so true. That's why so many of us have few or zero before pics, or ones where were are hiding ourselves and our bodies.

I look at mine and say when the heck did I get that heavy. Yuck!!!!

You will be soooo thankful you have good 'before' pics in a few months!!

congrats on your 3lbs, many more to come.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/11 4:01 am
I was the same way too. I completely avoided pictures.  It got so bad, I actually have not taken a family photo with my husband and 5 year old daughter yet!  I have tons of pictures of my daughter but none of me.  But I totally regret that now.  Life is short, and I want my daughter to have memories of what I looked like when she was young, Overweight or Skinny.   

So a few weeks post op, I took a lot of self-photos and quick pictures of me with my family.

Plus, having those "before" pictures around will offer you a great sense of accomplishment, when you fianlly DO lose the weight.

Remember you are still beautiful, no matter what size.

Mimi 

jlynn80
on 10/14/11 4:03 am
First of all--congrats on your 3-pound loss this week!  Secondly, I can COMPLETELY relate to how you feel about seeing yourself in pictures.  I have not had my surgery yet, and try to avoid being in pictures at all costs.  The way I look does not match the way I feel on the inside.  I find myself avoiding social functions, too!  I am so excited for you that you will be getting sleeved soon.  Both of my parents had VSG over a year ago and they are doing fantastic!  They love their new lives and new bodies .  I can't wait to be on the losers bench with all of you in March!  

Jen 
SkinnyJeansSoon
on 10/14/11 4:09 am
I think my biggest NSV is being able to start going to social functions again. I feel like I have closed off that section off my life because I don't want others to see me. So much so that I don't want to go to my kids functions either. So sad I did this to myself! Hang in there we will be fit and fan-tabulous soon!!!

(VSG - 10/20/2011)
HT: 5'9

Happy966
on 10/14/11 4:07 am

It's horrible how much shame we have about being fat.  Go up to that woman in the pre-op picture and give her a big hug!!  She is working hard to take care of you!  She's done the best she could and she's taken you to a good place to get healthy.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Elleisa71
on 10/14/11 4:26 am
Happy, I agree! I have lost 73 pounds, but am still a 100 pounds over a lot of people's START weight, so it can feel so discouraging to hear people say they want to puke looking at themselves in the 200s. I have so far to go and I WILL make it! I have maybe 2 pictures of myself at my highest weight and I agree it is devastating to realize and come out of denial about where you really are. We are all doing our best and now that we know better are doing better (to loosely quote Maya Angelou!) Good luck to you!

HW 421/SW 408//GW 180
cattywompos
on 10/14/11 4:33 am

I hear ya about people complaining about their starting weight when I was far above that and happy when I reached the weight they started with :)  We all start the same though, not matter the weight, we all start unhappy with ourselves and the goal is to get to a point where YOU feel good about yourself again.  I have gotten there, I want more, but I am happy sitting at 198 right now.

HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/11 5:29 am
You know once when I had a birthday party (summer barbeque) for my husband someone snapped a picture of me sitting and chatting with someone.  I didn't realize my picture had been taken.  Later they asked me if I wanted the pictures they had taken at the barbeque and I said sure.  OMG!  I looked like Jabba the Hut in a turquoise, sleevless summer dress.  I was so mortified !  It looked like they had cut and cropped the picture so that in a 5X7 it was all me and no background.  I ripped that picture up and threw it out before anyone else saw it.  Now of course I wish I had kept it because it would have made a perfect "Before" picture...  You are not alone sister, I think we all avoided the camera. 
Guardedly-Hopeful
on 10/14/11 9:18 am - OR
A few pictures taken of me, speaking at my parents 50th wedding anniversary ,were the turning point for me.  I remember loving my dress and feeling pretty that day.  I was appalled when I saw how I looked.  I didn't want any one else to see and then my husband posted one on facebook.  Very humbling.  My surgery is november 16.  It has been a year since the pictures were taken and I started this journey.  Maybe someday I won't be so horrified by my pictures.
  Donna Wood  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views