One year surgevisary *pic*

cattywompos
on 10/3/11 3:47 am
September 30th was my one year surgiversary.  As I look back on the past year the first thing that comes to mind "I can't believe it has been a year already" and the second thing is "I feel like me again".  At 304lbs I had completely lost myself.  I was living in a body that had gotten out of control.  I was on a quick downward spiral of more weight gain and isolation. I went to work and put on a happy face, I would go about in society keeping myself at a distance because I never knew what going out might bring...taunting, shame, hurt.  I wanted to lose weight, but it seemed hopeless. I had dieted before, I succeeded for a time but then ultimately it lead to failure.  I would gain back double what I had lost everytime.  So when I went into this I decided that I was not going to diet, it was going to be my way of life.  For me this meant making good choices of protein first, veggies second all else third.  It meant that I needed to stop eating when I was comfortably full. It meant that I could never ever allow myself a glass of soda because I know that if I do I will take up the habit again and that will lead to my demise.  It also means allowing myself a treat once in awhile because denying myself of those things would lead to loss of self control.  I may never get to goal with allowing myself to "go off plan" but I am more confident that I will keep off what I have lost.  I am happy with the change in me. I feel like myself again, I am no longer ashamed or scared to go out in public.  I am stronger mentally and physically.   I still struggle with "seeing" the change even in the comparison pic below, it doesn't have that WOW factor for me some others do.  I still look at myself in the mirror everyday and most days I don't see that I have lost weight. I only see what I have hanging there yet, but then there are some bright days when I do see myself as thinner. I constantly compare myself to others wondering  "is she thinner or fatter than me". I just can't see myself as others might perceive me.  I still associate myself as being a morbidly obese person.  I know it takes time for the mind to catch up.  Well, enough babbling..here is my pic for your veiwing pleasure :)

HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

sunnymicki
on 10/3/11 3:58 am
Oh my goodness, very dramatic difference!  Congratulations!

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Soosy
on 10/3/11 4:10 am - TX
You look GREAT! Own it!
tanieanie
on 10/3/11 4:10 am - WI
Oh Wow.  You look like one of those befor and afters on t.v. commercials where you say.... thats not even the same person.   AmAaZiNg!

Michelle F.
on 10/3/11 4:13 am
Wow you look fantastic!  Keep rocking that sleeve!
Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

cabcab
on 10/3/11 4:25 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
You look GREAT!  Congratulations!!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

1london
on 10/3/11 4:28 am
You look WONDERFUL!!!!!  Just know that the before and after is SO dramatic and you should feel so proud of yourself, you have succeeded and you will continue to succeed and enjoy your life as the new fabulous you!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  Yay you!!!

lisamm_77
on 10/3/11 4:43 am, edited 10/3/11 4:43 am - WI
Great job! You have lots of people cheering you on, and you give hope to the newbies like myself who have just begun the journey!

lmreadynow
on 10/3/11 4:56 am
 BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!  Congrats on the surgiversary.

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
Margo N.
on 10/3/11 5:01 am
You look mahhhvelous my dear! Well done, and congrats on a successful post op year!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views