It's been a good two days...

Audra L.
on 9/23/11 3:06 pm - WA
VSG on 08/05/11 with

For the past 2-3 weeks, I've been stalled at 237-238 pounds and today--YAY!--I'm down 5 pounds to 232.  The stall is over!   So that was exciting.

In other news, some of you may remember me lamenting the fact that when I went back to work 3 weeks post-op, no one had noticed my 30 pound weight loss.  Well, yesterday and today, I had a couple of people notice.  I must admit that I'm sure it wasn't because I was down another 12 pounds, but rather that I had found some old clothes that were a size smaller and therefore fit me better.  And, I must admit, that's exactly what everyone was telling me back when I posted my lament--that my big clothes were hiding the progress.  Well, I got tired of having my skirts and pants hanging on my hips, so I scoured my closet for some old size 20s.  I found 4 skirts and a couple of tops.  I put something together and enjoyed a day of not having to hike up my skirt every 2 minutes.  LOL.  And I felt GOOD wearing those clothes.

So, now I'm thinking I might have to go clothes shopping.  It took me losing 40 pounds to drop one size, therefore I'm thinking I may be wearing size 20s for a while and will, at the very least, need a pair of slacks and a pair of jeans.  I'm done with the baggy-crotch size 22s!  The good news is, though, that I have a TON of size 18 clothes that I look forward to wearing again soon. 

HEIGHT: 5'8"          HIGHEST WEIGHT: 285          CURRENT WEIGHT: 180

kimbethin
on 9/23/11 3:10 pm - CA
Glad you got past the stall!  Isn't it fun to find the smaller clothes in your closet again? 
Enjoy!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views