Old timer checking back in! LOL!

luvscessna
on 9/19/11 8:40 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I have reached another milestone in my journey of improvement. I have hit the 3 year mark from my Sleeve surgery. I am still ROCKING it! 
For those of you who are about to have surgery...
Great! You will not regret it!
For those of you who just had the surgery...
Hang in there! You WILL survive. Life just gets better and better!
For those of you who are at or close to goal...
Congrats! Enjoy the new life!
For those of you readdy for the next step... plastics...
grab the bull by the horn and hang on!

I am having my Lower Body Lift on Thursday, 9/29 and couldn't be happier!

Gail

9/2008 - Sleeve - Lost 100 lbs!
9/2011 - Lower Body Lift - Lost 8 lbs of skin and fat!

BuckeyeGirl
on 9/19/11 9:45 pm - TN

Woo Hoo!

Hope all goes well with your plastics! Here's wishing you a smooth and speedy recovery!

Lindsey

ChristineTX1970
on 9/19/11 10:48 pm - TX
Gail,

I'm so excited for you! Please keep us updated.
I'm also from the DFW area - I get my sleeve on 10-24. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I just hope I can have results as good as yours!

Christine

mojomom
on 9/19/11 10:49 pm
 Thanks so much for stopping by.  Your story and encouragement mean so much!  Good luck with your lower body lift and let us know how it all goes!    

Mojomom

kanga003
on 9/19/11 11:23 pm
Thanks for the insperation!!! I am starting to dream about plastics... but they are years - and pounds! - away :-)
Judith K.
on 9/19/11 11:44 pm
VSG on 05/15/10 with
Thanks for checking in.  Good to hear from "old timers."

Question for you:  Your ticker shows 10# to go.  When did your weight loss stop/slow way down?  Do you think you'll lose the last 10# w/ your LBL?  Just asking 'cause my weight loss stopped dead cold on my one year surgery anniversary.  I'm certainly not unhappy w/ my success but I'd sure like to at least meet my WW goal of 146# and be free for life @ WW.

Very exciting about your plastic surgery.  I had an abdominosplasty and inner/outer lipo a few months ago and love the results.  Having brachioplasty in January.
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

hrford
on 9/20/11 1:23 am
VSG on 03/19/12
 Can I ask if you are self-pay with the plastics?  Are you getting it done locally?  I've been looking at the pricing and since I know my insurance won't pay, I've been seriously looking at mexico or india.  Just wondering where you are having it done?

I do realize I have a way to go, I'm a planner and I want to start saving now so in 2 years I can have it done.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

luvscessna
on 9/20/11 6:16 am, edited 9/20/11 6:17 am - Fort Worth, TX
Thank you all for your wonderful replies.

I am self pay with my plastics. I really wanted to go Monterrey, Mexico with Dr Sauceda. But with the violence from the drug cartel, hubby said no way. I am using a Residency Program out of UT Southwestern in Dallas, TX. Even though I will have my surgery broken down into 3 seperate surgeries, cost wise it is about the same as Mexico; without the worries of violence, travel and what do I do for follow up care. The cost for the LBL for me is $6600. The Head Dr for the program will be in the room with my Dr, overseeing my LBL. I will be in excellent hands and feel very confident.

I want to say it was about 18 months that I saw a major slow down in my weight loss. Of course, it was also related to eating more normal. I really miss my veggies and fruits. As for the "last 10 lbs", everyone always thinks they need to loose 10 lbs. lol! I think I will lose most of it when the excess skin comes off. There is still a lot of fat attached under the skin and he will do some liposuction as well.

9/2008 - Sleeve - Lost 100 lbs!
9/2011 - Lower Body Lift - Lost 8 lbs of skin and fat!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views