card to order kid menu at resturants

mrs.millan
on 9/7/11 1:59 am - Petaluma, CA

I got my surgery in CA but live in NC, and here they require you show a card that you have had weight loss surgery to be able to order off the kids menus...where can you get one of those??

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com
(deactivated member)
on 9/7/11 2:08 am - CA
I've never heard of that! That sounds like a great idea...Some restaurants I know for a fact have age restrictions which sucks so I usually order from the "sides" menu.
joie_de_sleeve
on 9/7/11 2:13 am - IN
My nutritionist's office provided them.

VSG 7/26/11

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Kelley D.
on 9/7/11 2:16 am
My surgeon gave me mine, and I use it proudly! lol some waitresses give us a funny look when my husband and I just order one meal and an extra plate to share so I just flash my card and they understand

Height: 5'8"  Start weight:316 My goal: 190 Surgeons goal:175. reached my goal... 3years out, had some bounce back time to get back on track!

Zippydoo
on 9/7/11 2:27 am
I have not had the surgery yet but during our classes we were told the the doctors office would be giving me this card before I leave the hospital.  Can you check with your healthcare provider?

smbergie200
on 9/7/11 2:33 am - Naples, FL
 Unfortunately the "kids" menu is usually unhealthy crap food. Mac and cheese, fries, nuggets etc. I just order adult and have extras. Not enough healthy choices to stress over the kids menu for me. But like others said, your doc should have cards. Mine did not give me one though. 

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

tripmom02
on 9/7/11 2:38 am, edited 9/7/11 2:46 am - NJ
I don't think I could do it, I think I would be too embarrassed to even pull it out of my pocket. Not to mention the kids menu is full of crappy food that I won't even let my kids order, you would probably be better off just ordering an appetizer or an adult portion that you can take home with you.

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

frannypance
on 9/7/11 2:48 am
 My doctor's nurse gave me one.  What is funny is that the waiters don't know what to do and ask the manager.  I have ordered the kids menu at Chipotle and they have not given me any problems.  I get the chicken and pinto beans with lettuce and cheese.  Of course I can only eat about half but it does work.  My husband and I share an adult plate usually.at a restaurant unless we really don't want what the other is having.  However, even though we bring the remainder home we rarely eat it.  Something about leftovers from the restaurant that aren't that good later.  If I order a salad I don't bring it home because it gets soggy and is nasty later.  You have to find what works for you.  Wendy's has a 1/2 salad order that works pretty well.  I use just a little dressing to moisten the chicken and make sure I eat the protein first with a little of the lettuce.  The majority of  the lettuce is trashed.  However it does cut the portion down and the expense.  I hope this helps.

Eula "Evie" R.
on 9/7/11 2:40 am - Mount Nebo, WV
Hi,
My Dr gave me my card. I used it once so far and the waiter was very sweet and understood, she filled my plate up at the food bar and brought me my plate. Very nice. very cheap.
God Bless
Evie

faylavi
on 9/7/11 3:11 am - Laurel, MD
Now thats service!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views