OT - Trip to Europe at goal?!!?!

ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/21/11 1:36 am
So, I have had this amazing 2 week trip to Europe planned out in my head for years.  2 weeks visiting france, Italy, and Spain...and maybe throwing Iceland in there.  I decided to make it my goal reward and have started planning it for a year from now.  Problem is my girlfriends aren't interested.  One of them said she has never had an interest in going to Europe?!?!?! Seriously that's a lame excuse.  The other said she is planning a cruise with her mom....blah!  UGHHHH I need new girlfriends!  So, I'm a little...no a lot saddened by this.  I'm totally not going to Europe alone.  I will be way too sexy by then and someone will kidnap me and throw me into the sex slave trade.  Yes, I watch way too much SVU...what would you do??
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
Elaine2
on 8/21/11 1:57 am - Atlanta, GA
I have been planning something special for next spring---I should be at goal AND I turn the big 60!!!!! 

I've traveled to Europe several times in the past but plan on going again---just not sure where. Maybe the Lake Como, Florence, Milan area or Denmark, Holland, Belgium.  Just don't know yet.

Sometimes it's tough to find folks to travel with. But you can find groups with common interests. It's always fun to have folks around.

You might be in the sex slave trade ..........but I may be stalking George Clooney !!

thisbe777
on 8/21/11 2:00 am
i would go anyway....  you can book with a travel agency that does group tours, so you won't be alone....

check out www.goaheadtours.com.....

granted, i have never done one of these tours (europe is still on my bucket list) but the prices aren't bad, and it isn't a fly-by-night operation, they've been around a long time.....

go and have a grand time......

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

SassyItalian
on 8/21/11 2:00 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
i love your idea! you should absolutely reward yourself with a european trip..you will have earned it.

for me traveling alone forces me to meet the locals which has always been a great thing and lets me get to know the area as they do...and while you are there you can corrupt hot european locals...it doesnt get any better than that.  

by the way, those are lame excuses from your friends!   i went to kauai with my best friend in april and it was the best trip EVER! and brought us even closer as best friends..but anyhoo..

go for it girl..

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

twellington1
on 8/21/11 2:00 am - NH
Find  a group through a travel agency and go anyway!!!  Don't let your friends hold you back!! If your anything like me your weight held you back for too long it is time to explore all the things we could not do because we used our weight as an excuse.  GO FOR IT!!!!  Get a great camera...take tons of pictures because they will feel bad they missed out when you get back!!!

Still Fawn
on 8/21/11 2:15 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Eh, doesn't seem like lame excuses to me really.. They don't have to want to go if they don't want to go.. That is a huge expense just because a friend wants you to. I have been asked to go on all kinds of trips and made all kinds of excuses because I couldn't afford to.

If you want to travel you should find a group and go by yourself..

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/21/11 3:24 am

The cost of travel really isn't that bad.  Especially when you have "lay away travel" basically meaning you can pay it off over the next year!  My friends both have the means, the one with the lame excuse, her husband makes 6 figures, so money isn't an issue.  She just lives a sheltered life.  As for my other friend, I'm not mad at her for planning a vacation with her mother.  All I am saying is that it sucks and makes me sad.  I am a single mother and work very hard, so this trip is important to me and will take me a year to pay off as well as save spending money.  The reality is that I am not going to go with a group of strangers or by myself.  I was just looking for what other people have done.

Spiritus
on 8/21/11 2:19 am - Hawthorne, CA
Excellent idea on your goal vacation...sucks that your friends are dropping out on it though. I already planned a foodie tour with my culinary teacher in early January next year.  I agree with you .... you and I need new friends who can truly enjoy time out, especially when you're looking and feeling sexier!  Good idea not to go alone....you never may know!!!

Sassy 1
on 8/21/11 2:38 am
I've heard of people going on walking tours in Europe, too.  They drive you by bus to certain places and then you have a walking itinerary, as well.  May help to keep the pasta off the hips AND meet a sexy, hot guy that's into his health!  I've heard it's the best way to really SEE places.  Don't worry about your friends- if my friends asked me to go to Europe, I wouldn't because of the money and I'd rather do something like that with my family (hubby and kids) if I did save it up.  If they're good friends, otherise, don't sweat it.  Go and have fun!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
LittleItaly
on 8/21/11 2:52 am - TN
Just returned from Europe we took a12 night cruise It was wonderful. Go the trip is for YOU. Sure you'd like the girls to go but see it as an adventure for YOU. How many times have we put Ourselves second? Just do it, enjoy it. Live life!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views