Surgery in Mexico blessed by my healthcare people

k__
on 8/15/11 12:07 pm - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15
Yay! I heard from my primary care doctor, therapist and psychiatrist today.  They all are in enthusiastic support of my decision to get a VSG, and with the doctor I've chosen in Mexico! Wow. Didn't expect so much positive feedback from them. I'd been worried about how they'd react.  It's fantastic!  Full steam ahead now!
kdolphin
on 8/15/11 12:26 pm - FL
Congratulations!

Dr Aceves did my revision surgery almost 6 months ago.  Self paid for the band in Florida 4 years ago and the revision by Dr Aceves.  I have medical insurance and pay a TON for it but it excludes WLS.

Everyone is different but my experience was really good.  Hope you have an uneventful surgery and recovery.
CEEW
on 8/15/11 2:22 pm

DR. ACEVES DID MY SLEEVE 6 MONTHS AGO TODAY. YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS !!!!! 

119 LBS. GONE !!!!..... AND VERY HAPPY !!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 2:31 pm
Nice to hear!! My PCP was very supportive of my decision too, and wanted his name so he could check him out. There are good open minded docs out there!
Carpe_Diem
on 8/15/11 2:40 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Dr. Aceves will do my VSG 4 days after yours.  Everyone speaks so highly of him.  My family Dr also approves of my decision and admitted he couldn't refer me for "free" medical care here in Ontario.  I'm not nearly heavy enough!  It's all good, so I'll self pay and get it done in about 1/10 the time.  Good luck to you and I'll join you on the loser's bench soon enough.  Cheers!       Stewart
                                     GRAVITY SUCKS  
          LEAD, FOLLOW, or GET OUT OF THE WAY !     
mit_tens
on 8/15/11 2:46 pm - Woodstock, CT
Yay...good for you! You made a great choice in surgeons and my PCP was very impressed with the care I received in MX. You cant go wrong with Dr Aceves!

You will be on the losers bench in no time :D

Good luck!

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future. 

HW~245
CW~178
GW~130

Thats 268 sticks of butter GONE!          
walmartian
on 8/16/11 8:45 am
I'm another whose MX surgery decision was wholeheartedly approved by my regular Docs here. We so often hear that US doctors will refuse to treat you if you have surgery in another country,etc. that I was really surprised too. I've had no problems getting care myself, and my docs are tickled to death at my weight loss.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views