Almost halfway there!

LeahBea
on 8/10/11 8:57 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
So after having quite a rough morning (read: I felt like complete ass) I started running through the list of things that might make me feel better. Obviously food came to mind, but not for the reasons I used to think food would make me feel better. I realized I probably needed protein and then to start pushing liquids to make sure I wasnt getting dehydrated.

After 3/8 of a morningstar chik patty and some hummus I felt a hell of a lot better. Good enough to drag myself onto the treadmill and do my C25K run.

After the run I went over to my doctors office to weigh myself (I don't keep a scale in my house)...and.... Drumroll please, I'm down to 252.6! Which means I am down 77.4 lbs since the beginning of my pre-op liquid diet which started 3 months ago today.

That also means that I'm only 7.6 lbs from my halfway point. HALFWAY TO MY GOAL! All of it is kind of boggling my mind a little, but overall I couldn't be happier.

Don't know if this was helpful to anyone but hopefully the pre-ops read this and take away that this is doable and that if you work for it you'll surpass your expectations.

XOXO and love to all

Leah

BetterMe711
on 8/10/11 9:16 am - SC
Wow! 1/2 way in 3 months is fantastic! Congratulations for the weight loss and for turning your life around.

Can you tell me how many calories you're taking in? I'm 2 1/2 weeks out and haven't lost anything in the last week tho I'm staying on plan with the liquid diet. I'm taking in about 500 cals a day.

Thanks and congratulations again.
LeahBea
on 8/10/11 10:38 am, edited 8/10/11 10:41 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
First, thank you!!

It depends on the day, currently I'm at 215 calories for the day. I still haven't eaten dinner for the day so that'll up it some. I'm still averaging 300-600 calories per day.

It's a struggle for me to get in my calories and protein. Partly because I still can only fit about 1-2 oz of solid food in my sleeve at a time. The other part of that is that I'm a vegetarian so a lot of my protein options happen to be REALLY low calorie (think fish and seafood). I am trying to supplement with protein shakes/drinks to up those both lately. But again, a struggle. That being said, I knew that it was going to be a battle to get in my protein everyday because of not eating meat.

But I'm trying like hell.

Don't worry too much yet, two weeks out is still really early and some of that can be bloating from the actual surgery. You'll do just fine if you're following your plan. Best of luck!

Leah

janielynne
on 8/10/11 11:19 am
Hi, How is your C25K training going.  Im scared to do it... How was it when you first started?
LeahBea
on 8/10/11 11:28 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
C25K is going pretty well so far, I was kinda lazy and skipped a day last week cause I went to visit a friend out of town and didn't finally do it til Monday. But I picked up right where I left off and started week two today. It was harder today but I literally yell at myself and tell myself not to be weak, that anyone can do ANYTHING for a minute and a half (how long the runs are right now). LOL

I use the Getting Running app on my iPhone because it's the interface I liked the best.

But overall, I like it and kinda find myself looking forward to the next run because it feels so good when I'm done and I know I accomplished something.

Leah

roundater
on 8/10/11 12:02 pm - Lincoln, NE
Way to go!! Good job!!
Rich Sonderegger

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 12:58 am - Castle Rock, CO
Me too.. one pound away from being HALFWAY.. that is one of my milestones I look forward to posting as well.. LOL 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views