Menstrual Problems - Pre-Op vs Post Op

Kelley_girl123
on 8/10/11 3:22 am - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada
Sorry guys.

I am just wondering.   Did any of you have irregular periods prior to surgery but now that you are Post Op & are losing weight it is back to normal? 

Thanks all.

:-) 

MS.LISA
on 8/10/11 3:39 am - Salem, OR
Hi kelley,
I have been having iregular periods since I had surgery, after surgery, it took 1 1/2 months to have a period and then I would have a light period about a month in a half out each time.
Its now been 2 1/2 months since my last period, I asked my Dr and she said that it is normal for my periods to be messed up do to the fact that im losing weight rapidly and my body is changing on the inside also.
I dont know if this helps but thats what I am experiancing and im 9 months post op.
Lisa

Kelley_girl123
on 8/10/11 4:39 am - St. Bruno, Quebec, Canada
Hi Lisa:

Thanks for the information.   I have a friend who has extremely irregular periods lately due to her weight (hormonal & of course stress) and she is going a bit crazy.     She is definately hoping that with the surgery & losing weight, everything will get back to normal.   

She has had irregular bleeding since March and has about 5 days a month ONLY without bleeding.     (opposite of how it should be !!!)    She knows it is due to her weight.    

I suggested perhaps some additional vitamins but I am no MD!!!    LOL

:-) 
rose30
on 8/26/11 2:51 am - GA
If your friend is having that much bleeding she should contact her OBGYN. That happened to me and they found Uterine polyps (small, benign protrusions of tissue that grow on the uterine
lining) I had to have surgery to have them removed, otherwise they can develop into cancer. My OBGYN said the WLS will help prevent them from coming back, if that helps
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views