i wish to be sleeveless!!!

wakeforestgirl
on 8/8/11 2:19 am
 Hey y'all!  It's been a while since my last post...and I've been doing really well with my weighloss!  Almost 130 lbs down and I exercise ALL of the time. About ~70 min of cardio 3-4 times per week and I walk about 3 miles to work every day.  However, I HATE how my arms look.  I need some tips on how to make them look a little better.  Plastic surgery is not in my budget right now and I haven't met my goal yet...but I would like to feel more confident with my body...but it's really hard to do when you HATE your arms.  Tips please?

I have free weights and I'm going to go get a better resistance band tonight and perhaps so Omega 3 and 6 supplements.  Any tips would be appreciated!! 
Not even my highest weight...I love pictures, but when I really put on about 30 more pounds on this...I kind of just stopped taking them.   This was me on Friday...

Thanks! :)

xoxo Amanda

Surgery on Feb 7th, 2011   Goal Weight: 150  HW: ~ 345ish SW: 301 lbs. Current: 151.2 bs
xoxo <3 Amanda

missbillie82
on 8/8/11 3:55 am
Have you tried doing body wraps!?  My sister in law swears by them!  She's lost a ton of weight and she has been getting them and her skin isn't saggy or anything!  It's crazy!  If you have a massage school in your area, they offer them for pretty cheap!  :)

Sandy S.
I have no tips to share, but I'd just like to say -Looking good!

"Step by step the longest march can be won,"  Sweet Honey and the Rock- Peace, San  HW 463 Surgery: 6/13/11; SW 413      
koshermama
on 8/8/11 3:59 am
My first take was that you're not happy with your sleeve - so glad that's not the case!!

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
USAF Wife
on 8/8/11 4:02 am
Amazing results and many congrats.

Google Skull crushers. Nothing but time is going to fix the skin, and even then we're left with some damage.

Muscle building will help fill out the stretched skin, but it's gonna be there.

Skull crushers, bicep curls are my saving grace, well they were when I actually worked out. But, they work. You can do skull crushers with dumbbells, you do not have to do them a bar. You can do them standing up or lying down on a bench.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

frisco
on 8/8/11 4:03 am

Awesome!!!

Great progress !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

wakeforestgirl
on 8/8/11 4:21 am
 Thanks everyone! Yeah...I did do kind of a play on words...but I thought it was clever :)!  Never tried a body wrap, but might look into it!

Thanks!!!

Surgery on Feb 7th, 2011   Goal Weight: 150  HW: ~ 345ish SW: 301 lbs. Current: 151.2 bs
xoxo <3 Amanda

ready2Bhealthy2
on 8/8/11 6:41 am
I really thought for the first time I found someone who hated or regretted their sleeve!  Geesh that was a let down...I was kind of hoping to find someone.  That may seem negative, but I'd like to know the good, the bad, and the ugly...and all I can find is the good and the bad.  Where is the ugly?  Maybe it doesn't exist, but it may. 

Congrats on your weight loss.  I agree with the skull crushers.  When I go to the gym I do any weight excersize that focuses on my arms just for that reason.  I already don't like them so after surgery I imagine they will be worse.  Good luck and I honestly am glad you love your sleeve.
HW286/SW269/1mo-20lbs/2 mo-9lbs/3 mo-10lbs

1st Goal - Loss of 50lbs
cattywompos
All I can say is wow!  you are doing so well!  I have no advice for the arms mine are driving me crazy too, flappin everywhere!  I have even been lifting weights to no avail.
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

missbillie82
Have you tried doing body wraps!? My sister in law swears by them! She's lost a ton of weight and she has been getting them and her skin isn't saggy or anything! It's crazy! If you have a massage school in your area, they offer them for pretty cheap! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views