corn

cloveparis
on 7/23/11 9:32 am - covington, GA
I was just wondering if I am 3 months out am I able to eat corn yet?  Cream corn or regular
Elaine2
on 7/23/11 10:41 am - Atlanta, GA
Was one of my favorite veggies.  But my NUT said to avoid - long term - corn and peas.
Very difficult for allot of folks to digest WLS or not.
Plus for 1/2 cup of either you're talking about 65-70 cals, 1-2 protein but 14-16 carbs. (Half of my daily allotment).

I'd go slow if you try it.

dec721
on 7/23/11 10:51 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Being "able" to and it being something you SHOULD do are two different things.  With sleeves, we are "able" to eat pretty much anything.  But that is how we got fat in the first place.  Corn is a high-sugar carb with very little nutritional value.  Take it from someone almost three years out -- don't eat stuff like that!  For long-term success, because we have such limited capacity, we would do well to choose food for its nutritional value. 

I try my best to eat protein first, (mostly) green veggies next, and a few complex carbs if room.  On occasion, I eat something else.  When I slide back into the junk carbs and sugar, the cravings start back, and they are the devil to fight.  That's how I ended up 20 pounds over goal ... which I had reached by about a year out.  Gained those 20 pounds back when high-sugar, low-nutrition food crept back in my diet.  Now I'm fighting tooth and nail to get those pounds back off.

Don't eat that corn :-)
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views