Surgery count down!

kellis14
on 7/8/11 5:17 am - MI

My surgery date is July 13th and is fast approaching.  I just got the call from my surgeons nurse that my insurance approval went thru yesterday, nothing like cutting it close.  I would of been pretty upset if it didn't and I was doing the pre-op diet for nothing lol! Anyhow, it seems to be going ok, except for the migraine I have :( My emotions are crazzzzy right now!  All I can think is please God get me thru this, I got kids!  I told my husband last night what my wishes were, just so he knew, that was hard.  So please if you guys don't mind, send some prayers my way pretty please.  Thanks everyone!!

LaughingCow
on 7/8/11 5:23 am - VA
VSG on 02/01/12 with
It will be here before you know it!  How hard is the pre-op diet?
kellis14
on 7/8/11 5:42 am - MI
The first few days was hard, but I'm getting used to it now other then the headache.  My diet is a 10 day pre op and it consists of 4 protein shakes a day, sugar free jello, sugar free pudding, & water.  I'm really sick of the sweet ya know, but the unjury chicken soup flavor is pretty good and that helps.  I weighed my self today, and I'm down 10lbs yeah!  My journey has started. 

In_It_To_Lose_It
on 7/8/11 6:25 am - MI
Hey, my date is the 13th too!  At times I think it's coming up fast, then not fast enough.  I can totally relate to having some interesting emotions.  Before I started I gave my husband fair warning, so he was prepared I think.  He's been supportive, so that's been nice.  Agree with you about the diet - it's been better this week, that's for sure.  My pre-op diet has been 2 weeks of my bariatric center's prepackaged protein food/drinks.  The first week I had several headaches, which thankfully didn't mature into migraines.  That's been a big fear of mine, as a fellow migraine sufferer.  I did get the 'ok' to use my migraine medication if I needed it, but still would rather not have to endure one - I've got a 2 yr old and just can't afford to be down for the count.  It's sure nice to connect with others out there who are going through the same process.  All I can think of are all the things I would like to get done before the big day.  I'm actually making my list of what to take to the hospital with me right now, so I don't forget anything.  My prayers and thoughts are with you!  :)  Here's to us!
Asecondchanceatlife
on 7/8/11 6:38 am
Congradulations! My prayers are with you that all will be well on the way, in the surgery room and a speedy recovery. Take care.
lucy2e
on 7/8/11 8:55 am - Laurel, MD
Prayers and happy thoughts headed your way!  You are going to do great!!!  Just try and relax - (I know it's easier said than done.)

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Donna W.
on 7/8/11 11:48 am - TX
My surgery date is July 13 as well. I am one of the lucky ones, my preop diet is very easy. Low Sugar, low fat, and nothing that had eyes. no meat, I have my protein drinks, some are good some I haven't been able to finish. I seem to spend every waking minute wondering how it will all work out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views