My Fitness Pal question

sleevegirl
on 7/5/11 2:56 pm - Austin, TX
I'm sure this is an easy answer type of thing and I'm just not seeing it.

When I put my exercise in, it tells me I've "earned" more calories and then adds it to my allowable total. I REALLY don't want it to do that. Is there some way to make it stop doing that? Is there a setting somewhere? I keep clicking and I checked the FAQ... Hmmm.. 

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Heather P.
on 7/5/11 2:58 pm - TX
 I've been using that site since Nov. It helped me get my insurance approval for my sleeve (which I'm getting next week!). As far as I know, there is no way to change that. The bad thing is, when your calories are too many at the end of the day for a couple of days, it gives you that little "warning" that you are taking in too few calories. I think they need to revamp that part! 

cindibarre
on 7/5/11 10:44 pm - Danforth, ME
Sleevegirl-

I think you can adjust how many pounds a day you want to loose to handle that problem.  I just ignore the damn thing and stick to my daily goal of protein and maximum calories.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Elaine2
on 7/6/11 2:23 am - Atlanta, GA
Sleevegirl--
I PMd an OH member about 2 weeks ago with this same question. She said that she had used MFP for about a 2 years.

She gave me a solution.....go in and edit your exercise to show 1 calorie burned.... It will only add 1 calorie to your total goal for the day.

While I would love to track the calories burned in exercise I find it more important to me to have that 800 calorie goal posted.  I still record my exercise time...just not the calories burned.

Hope this helps.

sleevegirl
on 7/6/11 3:23 am - Austin, TX
Awesome! I'll have to go in and try that :)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views